Free DSD Files from Oppo

Oppo Digital is offering a selection of free DSD music files. The partnership with NativeDSD gives you your selection of files with a bit rate of up to 256 in stereo and multi-channel. I'm not sure how long this will last, but here's the info.

Grab them while you can.

We're honored to partner up with NativeDSD to provide six curated DSD tracks to OPPO Digital customers and fans, for absolutely free! Just visit nativedsd.com/oppo and enter OPPOLIKESDSD during checkout to get the entire sampler absolutely free!

I downloaded them all. I'll try and listen later this week.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Oppo Digital is offering a selection of free DSD music files. The partnership with NativeDSD gives you your selection of files with a bit rate of up to 256 in stereo and multi-channel. I'm not sure how long this will last, but here's the info.

Grab them while you can.

We're honored to partner up with NativeDSD to provide six curated DSD tracks to OPPO Digital customers and fans, for absolutely free! Just visit nativedsd.com/oppo and enter OPPOLIKESDSD during checkout to get the entire sampler absolutely free!

Either this has ended, or my browser is incompatible with their site.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

It was a browser issue. My primary browser is Pale Moon & some sites don't work correctly with it.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    It was a browser issue. My primary browser is Pale Moon & some sites don't work correctly with it.
    I never heard of Pale Moon. I just checked the link using Chrome and it still works for me.

Download works fine with SeaMonkey, but I bet I can't play the files through my old oppo 95.
    JR

Quote Originally Posted by jerrich View Post
    Download works fine with SeaMonkey, but I bet I can't play the files through my old oppo 95.
    JR
    I don't think the 95 supports DSD files. The 103 and newer are supposed to natively.

Hopefully I'm wrong about the 95.

My bad, it's even worse. I have a 93.
    JR

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I don't think the 95 supports DSD files. The 103 and newer are supposed to natively.

Hopefully I'm wrong about the 95.
    9.x does not. They can be converted to flac with free ware Foobar or freeware version of DB Power Amp.

Their is some quality loss, but I'm not sure that my Oppo is good enough to hear the difference.

IMO, the main reason the Oppo sounds so good is because the engineering is just good enough to make high res sound much better than cd. My Esoteric/PS Audio 2 box 1990's player sounds much better on 44/16 cd than the Oppo does.

Of course the Oppo also has stunning video (& at the time of purchase their was a $30 blu-ray region hack, & afaik it's the best sounding player ever made that will play SACD-r's), so I'm not complaining for the $800 I paid (Demo discount!).

I never heard of Pale Moon. I just checked the link using Chrome and it still works for me.
    PaleMoon was a Mozilla offshoot designed to use less memory than Firefox. It's still made, but has been totally redesigned for Win 10, & I still prefer to use XP for daily computing so I'm using an older version of PM. IMO, XP was the last decent (& probably best ever) MS OS.