Thread: Sonos Play:5

Sonos Play:5

Anyone have one of these or heard one? I'm doing a little research (can't say why just yet, but will fill you in later) and could use some 'audiophile' opinions of this, the "best" mass-market wireless speaker. (Keep in mind that unlike a lot of these, the Play:5 isn't Bluetooth compatible, only wifi and direct in.

It's $499. Does that seem too high?

Would this (or anything like it) in any conceivable way be the main way you listen to your music?

And just any thoughts in general.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 11.48.40 AM.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  13.6 KB

More info on the Play:5 - http://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/play5.html

Thanks!
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

Brandon, I have a play five and the play three and even the smaller one. I believe that the three is the best value but the five certainly plays well and sounds well. Understanding that it has an amp built into it I still think it's a bit overpriced also. But it sounds remarkably well. Since I am generally only hearing the radio over it, although you can't attach a CD player., it does sound very good. I do not use it for my main system.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc