Parasound A52+ Multi Channel Amp

Name:  parasound a52.jpg
Views: 1784
Size:  35.6 KB

Parasound has just announced a new multi-channel power amp, the A52+.

The A52+ replaces the A52 with a bit more power, 180 wpc at 8 ohms vs 125 wpc on the A52, and what the company calls some circuitry refinements.

Here's the press release.

From Parasound
    Parasound is introducing their new Halo A 52+ five-channel amplifier. The A 52+ is based on their highly successful A 52 and features significant upgrades in power output, circuitry refinements, and the latest Halo styling.

The new model increases available power from 125 to 180 watts per channel into eight ohms and 255 watts into four ohms, with all channels driven. As with its predecessor, the Parasound Halo A 52+ is the work of audio legend John Curl, using high-bias Class A/AB and direct-coupled circuit topology.

"The A 52 had a great run from 2003 to 2012," said Richard Schram, president and founder of Parasound. A growing number of requests for a moderately priced high-performance five-channel amplifier coming from customers and dealers made the A 52 ripe for re-engineering and an increase in power."

The Parasound Halo A 52+ features a larger custom-made toroid power transformer to support its higher power output. It has five RCA unbalanced and five balanced XLR inputs, a separate module for each channel, DC Servos and relays to protect the amp and speakers. Features include automatic turn-on and a 3U chassis with rear carry handles, which is rack mountable with optional adaptors.

The Parasound Halo A 52+ has a black anodized extruded front panel with new solid aluminum end-caps that are milled and hand-polished. These represent a fresh and refined Halo aesthetic.

The Parasound Halo A 52+ will be available in Q4 of 2017 with a retail price of $2,995.
    Spec-wise, this amp looks really nice and the cosmetics match the rest of the Halo line. If I were looking to buy a new power amp for my home theater, this one would be at the top of my list.

What do you think?

Need to be sure it sounds as good as A51

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Need to be sure it sounds as good as A51
    Hopefully, we will start to see some reviews soon.

Both Hometheaterreview.com and David Vaughn traditionally review Parasound's latest gear and both are trusted sources.

Agreed trusted sources
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Hopefully, we will start to see some reviews soon.

Both Hometheaterreview.com and David Vaughn traditionally review Parasound's latest gear and both are trusted sources.

Any reviews. I believe it is out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Any reviews. I believe it is out now.
    I haven't seen any reviews on any site yet. They might be a bit hard to come by since they were announced just after CEDIA.

For those interested. The Halo A52+ is now live on the Parasound website.

http://www.parasound.com/a52+.php

Chris
    Parasound Products Inc.
    2250 Mckinnon Ave.
    San Francisco CA 94124
    415-397-7100

Quote Originally Posted by WAFWarrior View Post
    For those interested. The Halo A52+ is now live on the Parasound website.

http://www.parasound.com/a52+.php

Chris
    Parasound Products Inc.
    2250 Mckinnon Ave.
    San Francisco CA 94124
    415-397-7100
    Thanks for letting us know, Chris. I would love to hear one.