Name:  cousin.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  25.8 KB

Plot
While Caroline Butler re-enters the workforce and becomes the rising star of her advertising Passion overtakes reason in this dark and layered romance – based on Daphne du Maurier’s classic novel – starring Oscarģ Winner Rachel Weisz*. Believing his mysterious, beautiful cousin Rachel (Weisz) murdered the man who raised him, Philip (Sam Claflin), a young Englishman, plots revenge against her. But, despite evidence that Rachel might be a killer, Philip finds himself falling deeply in love with her in this visually stunning, tension-laced film.

My Thoughts
Based on the classic novel by Daphne du Maurier, there are certain aspects to like about the film. The sets and costumes are wonderful, but the story itself is predictable and can be as slow as molasses, especially during the trying first act. With about 25 minutes to go in the film, I told my wife exactly how it was going to end and I was about 95% correct—never a good thing to see it coming so clearly.

Video 4.5/5 (AVC)

Audio 4/5 (DTS-MA 5.1)

Special Features:

• Deleted Scenes
  • Promotional Featurettes
  • VFX Progressions
  • Scoring Sessions
  • Audio Commentary by Roger Michell and Kevin Loader
  • Gallery
  • UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
We had heightened expectations when we sat down to watch this but were ultimately extremely disappointed with the production. It was slow and predictable and even worse, the writer expected the audience to not have a brain to figure out how it was going to end. The replay value on this is next to none, so if you’re interested I’d wait for it to hit Neflix or Amazon VOD.