Repair facility for Pioneer LD player

Hello. Does anyone know of anyone who can repair Pioneer LD players anymore? I used to use Bayview in Washington state, but I think they have closed up. I have a Pioneer DVL-90 which is beginning to have some issues. Can anyone help? Thanks!

What's the issue with it?

I know that Barry still has a LD player. Maybe he has a suggestion on a repair facility.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I do, I'll give you the information when I get home and pull out the business card. They fixed my LDS-2 a couple of years ago.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    I do, I'll give you the information when I get home and pull out the business card. They fixed my LDS-2 a couple of years ago.
    Thanks Barry.

Thanks and I'll be watching for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    OK, great. I'll be anxious to find out. Is the LDS-2 a Pioneer model?

On my True Lies LD, it blanked out a couple of times, video as well as audio and failed to change to side 2. Since this happened I have unplugged the player, letting it set for awhile before plugging it back in. So I'll see what happens. Thanks!

Before I shipped it off for repair, I'd try cleaning the lens. Over time, a hazy film can build up and prevent the laser from reading the disc properly.

It can cause all sorts of read errors and the same goes for any optical disc spinner.

Yes the model is a Pioneer!
    Name:  stardate electronic repairs.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  96.6 KB
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

I think "re-setting" (unplugging and re-plugging) the player has helped. So far, it's functioning formally Also, I'm a little leary of opening up the machine. I'll leave that to the pros, but thanks for the tip.

Thanks for this information. I'll be calling them if I have any more problems. I have about 150 LDs and many of the better ones look really good to me. At least DVD quality. Too bad this format went away. And, I see by your equipment list that you are a very "high-end" guy. Is that LDS-2 player one of those gold models made for the Japanese market, which required a step-up AC transformer for use here in the states?