1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

PBS: THE VIETNAM WAR

Filmmakers Ken Burns & Lynn Novick direct an epic 10-part series: THE VIETNAM WAR. Ten years in the making, the landmark documentary comes to PBS this fall – Sun, September 17, 2017.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

It's kind of funny for me. These are the types of documentaries that I think Tv should be making.and for quite a while these types of documentaries were absent. But it started with baseball, which is one of my favorite subjects. The documentary just went on and on for I think 18 hours. No part of it was bad, it just went on for 18 hours and I really lost my interest in it. Well, Burns is doing it again. I know the Vietnam war is a complex issue and deserves a lot of time. But another 18 hours? I got if I could sit through it. Period
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Thanks for bringing this up, JJJ. I will set the DVR.

I like Ken Burn's documentaries. Civil War being the best and then baseball and the War.. Yes, they are all very long and very detailed but you know what, I learned a lot.

I will watch this series..
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Saw the first episode today. Very good. The French and the American intervention in Vietnam is so similar..
    Main:

I may have to watch this. If you have seen the doc. on the audio between LBJ, MacNamara, and the capt. of the Turner Joy, it will make you sick. Whole war based on a farce. I lost a cousin over there, for absolutely nothing!! I was there too. Grrr.
    JR

It is worth watching that is for sure. Lots of information to digest..
    Main:

If you missed any episodes, they can be watched right here. Either unedited or broadcast version:

http://www.pbs.org/show/vietnam-war-...ited/episodes/
    Main:

Quote Originally Posted by TrippleJ View Post
    If you missed any episodes, they can be watched right here. Either unedited or broadcast version:

http://www.pbs.org/show/vietnam-war-...ited/episodes/
    thanks for this because i missed the first episode. dvr'ing the rest.