Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas

Las Vegas

First prayers for all that lost their lives last nite. Some one tell me how a human being can do something like that?
    WHAT THE HELL COULD DRIVE ANYONE TO DO THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC]

I've put off posting about this because I can't process my feelings other than being so incredibly angry.

My wife, who was in meetings and conference calls all day, had no idea what happened. We watched the news coverage and my comment was WTF is wrong with people?

We saw a snippet of an interview the brother of the shooter. He was blown away and looked really frazzled. Many of his responses to questions were really awkward and rambling. I initially thought it was strange, but later thought I would likely be the same way.

In short, this is unbelievable.

Very sad news indeed. Prayers for all the victims and their families.

The root of the problem is mental illness and of course if you mix mental illness with firearms, the outcome is always tragic..

Unfortunately, there is no way to control the mental illness especially when one doesn't even want to recognize it and of course the right to bear arms.. No way, guns will disappear so these tragic results will continue to go on for years..
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

There is no evidence this man had mental illness. He's just evil.

The cause here is money on politics. The NRA fights any and every level of gun control. This jackass went off and bought 33 weapons of war in one year and enough ammo to arm a militia. You don't think there should be background checks on someone like this? You need 33 firearms? Or more?

At least one of the guns in the photos that were posted was an AR-15. Maybe more than one, I'm not revisiting the photos.

At least in the State of Georgia, AR-15s have to be registered. Full auto gets you into a whole different database. The same goes for handguns and a permit is required.

The only thing that makes sense is that bought the ARs and either modified the guns to full-auto or paid to have it done. Either way, it's illegal.

Very sad thing indeed. Still lot of unanswered questions and unfortunately, we may never know the truth..
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

My barber had a good point what if that nut stole an 18 wheeler and plowed thru the crowd bet more lives would have been lost!
    Also i looked up NV gun laws (what laws) the only thing you have to register for is to conceal carry! Talk about the wild West!!
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by old dust View Post
    Also i looked up NV gun laws (what laws) the only thing you have to register for is to conceal carry! Talk about the wild West!!
    Full-auto anything or to convert to full-auto would need federal licensing in all 50 states.

From what I read, the shooter used a bump stock on 12 of the rifles in his room. They are legal and allow the weapon to fire much faster than you would be able to fire with your finger.

From what I read on the NY Times, the NRA has stated they are in favor of new rules regulating bump stocks.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/u...-shooting.html

^^^This is news.

I just looked it up, Nevada is a no permit required open carry state to boot. At least in Texas, you have to get a permit.

Name:  open carry state.JPG
Views: 16
Size:  57.8 KB

The Wild Wild West!
    Main: