Warm Bodies (UHD Blu-ray) review

Name:  warmbodies.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  27.7 KB

Plot
    A funny new twist on a classic love story, Warm Bodies is a poignant tale about the power of human connection. After a zombie epidemic, R (a highly unusual zombie) encounters Julie (a human survivor), and rescues her from a zombie attack. Julie sees that R is different from the other zombies, and as the two form a special relationship in their struggle for survival, R becomes increasingly more human – setting off an exciting, romantic, and often comical chain of events that begins to transform the other zombies and maybe even the whole lifeless world.

My Thoughts
    Somehow, I missed this back in 2013 and I’m glad the film has been released on UHD so I could catch it. It’s a wonderful take of boy meets girl, boy falls for girl, girl wakes up one day and realizes she loves that boy but knows that daddy won’t approve, so the young couple must overcome long odds to live happily ever after. Although there’s a twist here that you don’t often see—the boy is a zombie who can’t even remember his name other than it begins with a “R.”

Video 9/10 (HEVC)

Audio 9/10 (Dolby Atmos – True HD 7.1 core)

Special Features:
    · Featurettes
    o “Boy Meets, Er, Doesn’t Eat Girl”
    o “R&J”
    o “A Little Less Dead”
    o “Extreme Zombie Makeover!”
    o “A Wreck in Progress”
    o “Bustin’ Caps”
    o “Beware the Boneys”
    o “Whimsical Sweetness: Teresa Palmer’s Warm Bodies Home Movies”
    o “Zombie Acting Tips with Rob Corddry”
    · Audio Commentary with Screenwriter/Director Jonathan Levine and Actors Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer
    · Deleted Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary by Director Jonathan Levine
    · “Shrug & Groan” Gag Reel
    · Theatrical Trailer

• Digital Copy

Conclusion
    I can’t believe how much I laughed and the love story aspect actually made my wife tear-up! If you somehow missed this one like I did, do yourself a favor and watch it. You won’t regret it. Highly recommended.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Thanks for the review. Will add this to my watch list.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

WOW, a zombie chick flick? I will admit that I have never heard of this one, David and am surprised at your favorable review given the plot.

I was about to thank you for reviewing a crappy movie and saving all of us the trouble of discovering how bad it truly was. It just goes to show you that things are not always as they appear.

Thanks for the review.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    WOW, a zombie chick flick? I will admit that I have never heard of this one, David and am surprised at your favorable review given the plot.

I was about to thank you for reviewing a crappy movie and saving all of us the trouble of discovering how bad it truly was. It just goes to show you that things are not always as they appear.

Thanks for the review.
    Tracy, see if it's on Netflix or Amazon and watch it with your wife. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine