Thread: 4K

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Dear David,

I had my family over this weekend. My brother wanted to see how good 4K television was. As you suggested I put on guardians of the galaxy chapter 7. My brother had seen that movie before and love the sharpness in the color on the 4K TV.

After we saw that I remember you also suggested that Earth II was also a good thing to watch. I put in the first disc and we watch the segment called islands. It was absolutely stunning. But one by one my family came in and sat down on the couch with us and tell we had a totally crowded couch. And all attention was on the new 4K TV. It was almost an adventure movie when the snakes try to chase down the other animals on the island. We noticed that the music made the snakes the bad guy and they prey the good guys. It was a lot of fun and we were sad not that it ended but it was so late everyone had to go to sleep! But your selection was perfect it was a beautiful thing to watch. I expect will watch a few more chapters as time goes by.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

It sounds like it's time to buy a larger couch or maybe install stadium seating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    Dear David,

I had my family over this weekend. My brother wanted to see how good 4K television was. As you suggested I put on guardians of the galaxy chapter 7. My brother had seen that movie before and love the sharpness in the color on the 4K TV.

After we saw that I remember you also suggested that Earth II was also a good thing to watch. I put in the first disc and we watch the segment called islands. It was absolutely stunning. But one by one my family came in and sat down on the couch with us and tell we had a totally crowded couch. And all attention was on the new 4K TV. It was almost an adventure movie when the snakes try to chase down the other animals on the island. We noticed that the music made the snakes the bad guy and they prey the good guys. It was a lot of fun and we were sad not that it ended but it was so late everyone had to go to sleep! But your selection was perfect it was a beautiful thing to watch. I expect will watch a few more chapters as time goes by.
    I'm glad they were both a hit. That snake scene gives me the creeps! The next demo you should do is the Jungle episode...some the birds are freaking amazing:

David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine