Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

Lavish AV in Sonoma County Offers Help To Neighbors In Fire

I got this by email today and wanted to forward it on. There are 250 plus people MISSING. Most likely can't communicate because of the lack of cell coverage. CBS News reported that 73 cell towers have burned so far.

And good for Lavish - these guys are friends of the publication doing the RIGHT thing and going above and beyond.

------

The Lavish and Grapevine Team hope you, your families, friends, and homes are safe in the recent wildfires. Our hearts go out to everyone who experiences loss from this unfathomable disaster.

If you or your family needs help moving, we have a crew and van to offer. If there is anything we can help with please call/text me on my cell (707) 291-6262. If you need to use a computer, WiFi, or make a phone Our Healdsburg Office currently has internet, WiFi and phone service.
    Stay safe out there.
    Ryan Lyeth
    Lavish Automation
    707-433-9199
    lavishautomation.com
    info@lavishautomation.com

402 Moore Ln
    Healdsburg, CA
    Lavish Hi-Fi
    707-595-2020
    lavishhifi.com
    info@lavishhifi.com

1044 4th St
    Santa Rosa, CA

Good for them. It's nice seeing people reach out to help those in need during a crisis.

It's terrible what has been happening with all the natural disasters.

Where the fires are is my old sales territory and I know a lot of people affected by the fires. I'm about 45 miles to the East (as the crow flies) from Santa Rosa and less than 20 from Napa. Needless to say, the air quality is horrendous. Thankfully our firefighters are doing an outstanding job during this crisis.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar
    CBS News said the amount of pollution from the fire so FAR is equal to 35,000,000 car exhausts or 10,000 TONS of pollution in the air.

Scary.

Yes...if only the State would allow Cal Fire to be proactive about removing underbrush and clearing dead trees. I heard a news report yesterday that one of the fires was cased by a dead tree that was blown over from the 70 mph winds. That tree should have been cut down months ago. Just another example of how government fails the citizens.
    David Vaughn

I'm not trying to draw attention to myself as I live in NY but my son is finishing up an internship at Williams Selyam Winery just south of Healdsburg. Thank goodness that winery was spared but my son has seen the blackened skies and orange glows in the distance. He tells me the devastation done to some of the neighborhoods in Santa Rosa and places that he has shopped at would make you cry. He's never seen anything like it. My wife and I are obviously thankful for his safety and we wish the people of Napa and Sonoma counties our best wishes.

Thank goodness your son is safe.

It's like the fires near us in the Smokie Mountains and further south at St. George Island. There was so much lost in terms of people's homes, businesses, and forests. It will take decades for it all to fully recover.

Sad.

It looks like WWIII just happened in some of these areas.
    David Vaughn