Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
    My 15 year old DLP just died so I'm suddenly back in the market and trying to catch up on the current technology. Are these LED or OLED? I can't tell from the link. Thanks!
    This is a LED display. If I were in the market for my primary display, I would be looking at OLEDs, but the price on this for its size is very attractive.

Thanks! I've been doing a little research on rtings.com as well. For OLED, I'm looking at the LG 65B7A. It's only 65 inches, but supposedly an excellent picture. Not sure if it's worth more than double the TCL 65 inch LED set. Going to Fry's now to see if they have any of these sets on the floor.

Get the OLED and don't look back.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    Get the OLED and don't look back.
    Lol, thanks. I think I'm narrowing in on the LG OLEDs. Any opinion on the difference between the B, C and E series? rtings.com seems to say they all have the same picture quality, just curious if anyone here has any thoughts before I pull the trigger as I'm getting a range of prices at a few places with B series being the best price, and E the most expensive.

One of them, most likely the most expensive of the line has better built-in speakers.

Personally, I would avoid that particular one and let my AVR and external speakers do a better job than anything that can be put into a slim display.

This forum logs me out when I reply to a post for some reason...
    In any event, yes the E series has a better speaker system but I agree, that is not worth paying for as I have a sound system. I'm just going to see what the best price I can get on either the B or C series since they seems to be indistinguishable for all practical purposes.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. It's fun getting back in the game. I may have to look up upgrading my surround sound next because why not at this point...

This forum logs me out when I reply to a post for some reason...
    When you log in, be sure to click the box that says "Remember Me".

Yes, at this point with OLED, I would go for whichever one I could get the best price on.

I've checked 'remember me' but it still kicks me off a lot. Maybe it's a firefox thing.

I got a good deal on the C7 so it will be delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to it! Now I need to find someone to calibrate it. I can't find any of my records on the guy who did my Samsung so maybe I'll poke around the calibration forum. Thanks again, everyone

I've checked 'remember me' but it still kicks me off a lot. Maybe it's a firefox thing.

I got a good deal on the C7 so it will be delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to it! Now I need to find someone to calibrate it. I can't find any of my records on the guy who did my Samsung so maybe I'll poke around the calibration forum. Thanks again, everyone
    Dave Abrams would be a good choice in SoCal. Scott Wilkinson is near you as well...he's the lead Editor over at AVS. Either the B7 or C7 is a good choice...the panels are exactly the same on all three models.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    Dave Abrams would be a good choice in SoCal. Scott Wilkinson is near you as well...he's the lead Editor over at AVS. Either the B7 or C7 is a good choice...the panels are exactly the same on all three models.
    Yes, thank you, I reconnected with Dave and he is going to do the calibration next week. He did my old Samsung years ago and did a great job. Can't wait!