Wind River (Blu-ray) review

Name:  windriver.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  38.2 KB

Plot
    Wind River is a chilling thriller that follows a rookie FBI agent (Olsen) who teams up with a game tracker with deep community ties and a haunted past (Renner) to investigate the mysterious killing of a local girl on a remote Native American reservation.

Following its critically acclaimed premiere at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival, the Rotten Tomatoes Certified Fresh™ film stars two-time Academy Award® nominee Jeremy Renner (Best Actor, The Hurt Locker, 2008; Best Supporting Actor, The Town, 2010) and Elizabeth Olsen (Avengers franchise, Ingrid Goes West), alongside Gil Birmingham (Hell or High Water), Jon Bernthal (“The Walking Dead,” The Wolf of Wall Street), Martin Sensmeir (The Magnificent Seven franchise), Kelsey Asbille (“Teen Wolf,” “Embeds”), and Julia Jones (The Twilight Saga Franchise).

My Thoughts
    Writer/director Taylor Sheridan’s last film, Hell or High Water, won an Oscar last year for Best Original Screenplay and he may find himself on stage again this year with this gem of a movie. I wasn’t sure what to expect going in, but was blown-away by the story of a grisly murder mystery on a Wyoming reservation. The story has a ton of depth and the acting is phenomenal all around, especially from Renner and Olson, who will probably both get nominations for their roles.

Sheridan does a great job of keeping the story moving while revealing tiny tidbits about the characters past that help show the motivations of each of the characters. I thought I would enjoy the thriller, but it turns out its much deeper than I ever thought it would be.

Video 4.5/5 (AVC)

Audio 4.5/5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Special Features:

• Behind-the-Scenes Video Gallery
    • Deleted Scenes

Conclusion
    I hadn’t heard of this movie until the press release showed up in my inbox, but I’m glad I got a chance to see it. The story grabbed me from the first scene and by the end I was emotionally attached to each of the characters. Hopefully the film doesn't get blackballed during the awards season due to the Weinstein Company's attachment to the film as the producers (only Bob Weinstein is listed in the credits), but there's more to the story that you can read about here (http://deadline.com/2017/10/wind-riv...in-1202194393/). Regardless, definitely check this one out. Highly recommended.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Thanks for the review. Will try and catch this one.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.