Christian Bale to Play Dick Cheney (Almost Unrecognizable)

When I first saw this photo of Christian Bale on a news site, I didn't recognize him. The actor has "bulked up", and not in a good way, to play former vice-president Dick Cheney in the upcoming film, Backseat.

Name:  bale cheney.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  65.0 KB

The film is described as,
    Dick Cheney moves from Halliburton chief executive to become reputedly the most powerful Vice President in American history.

Name:  bale cheney compare.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  73.3 KB

The film will also star Amy Adams as Cheney's wife Lynne, Steve Carell as Donald Rumsfeld, Sam Rockwell as President George W. Bush, Tyler Perry as Colin Powell, and Bill Pullman as Nelson Rockefeller. With Carell and Perry in the mix, I assumed it would be a comedy, but the film is listed as a drama.

To go from the muscled-up role of Batman to this is quite a transformation. However, I did see a photo of Bale's character in The Machinist, (which I haven't seen) when he dropped down to 120 pounds. That is truly scary looking.
    Backseat has no announced release date except some time in 2018.

Of course these guys have professional fitness folks as well as other health professionals to help them gain and lose weight quickly in a healthy manner.. That helps a lot.
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.