Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Marvel Studios' Avengers: Infinity War Official Trailer

Avengers: Infinity War. In theaters May 4.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Gave me goosebumps and the ending is CLASSIC!
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

To bad David will have to miss this movie, it looks great.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

I wanted to address a serious thought on the JLA movie.

Because of tax breaks and cash incentives by states and countries, and product placement review we really do NOT know how much a movie costs, despite what is listed. Or even what a movie really earns. We know the box office but TV/Cable/DVD/Streaming and merchandizing is a huge factor. Disney made 3 Billion dollars on Marvel licensing in 2015.
    While the Marvel Universe has taken in 14 billion and the DC Universe has taken in 4 billion, the FINANCIAL people at Time/Warner were relatively happy, not ecstatic, but happy, with the returns of their first four movies.

I bet until now. The JLA movie will certainly make $500 million worldwide and maybe $200 domestically. This is a steep decline in revenue and viewers from Wonder Women, Man of Steel or B V S. Domestically, Wonder Woman, not under the Snyder influence, preformed the best in the US. Worldwide it did well, but did not beat B V S.

The Avengers movie did better than any of the individual Marvel super-heroes movies, it took in 1.5 Billion. This meant people wanted to see more of these heroes. DC’s decline shows that people have seen enough. Even of wonder Woman?

I am sure there are serious discussions going on right now at Time Warner about the future of the DC movie franchise. It’s not working and it’s not building. Marvel found success with less well known characters (Ant-Man and Dr. Strange). Will Aquaman take off? Today I do not think so. We all know that the DC are dark and serious, and Marvels are lighter and funnier. But I do think two things hurt the JLA: First, although we all know he isName:  DC Extended Universe Movies at the Box Office - Box Office Mojo-1.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  100.7 KB coming back, it was wrong to kill off Superman to begin with, but he was NOT part of the ads for JLA. I think that hurt. Second, Flash fans can get him free on TV. They should have used the Martian Manhunter or Green Lantern instead.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

They couldn't use Green Lantern...he switch sides to Marvell and is called Deadpool now. Geezus...it's so bad that DC can't even keep their own characters!

As for my ABC boycott, it's ABC television, not the movies
    David Vaughn

When it comes to superhero flicks, is there such thing as too much, superhero overload?

I'm ready, bring it to Blu-ray already.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post

As for my ABC boycott, it's ABC television, not the movies
    Ahh......now Barry's comment makes sense.

"They couldn't use Green Lantern...he switch sides to Marvell and is called Deadpool now. Geezus...it's so bad that DC can't even keep their own characters!"

David
    Name:  Green Lantern two.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  105.0 KB

I hate to tell you this but he played Wade Wilson (the guy who became Deadpool) in X-Men Origins Wolverine two years before Green Lantern
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

I've never been deeply into comics, but I never quite understood the Green Lantern. That and I have heard so many say how bad his feature movie was, I haven't ever watched it.

If Deadpool is the "new Green Lantern", I'm OK with that.

I didn't realize he was in Wolverine...now I'll have to rewatch it!
    David Vaughn