Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is that door to the left of the TV a closet? If so, you could go with the PB-2000 and sit it on the floor, in the closet.

If you're into building things, you could always build a "false floor" over the sub so that you don't lose too much room in the closet.

Yeah it's a small coat closet, currently packed with stuff on hangers and on the floor lol. Hmm, so you don't think it would cause a problem to stuff it in a closet? The false floor thing would definitely be possible, my Dad does a lot of woodworking. We built those speaker stands and I was going to get him to help me build the new unit into the wall cubby to hold the TV/etc.
    Panasonic TC-P60VT60
    Marantz NR-1606
    Velodyne CHT series satellites/center
    Velodyne CHT-8 sub
    Sony BDP-S550
    XBox 360
    Logitech Harmony Touch
    Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR

Bass is non-directional. A good test would be to move your current sub there, recalibrate it, and see how it sounds.

The only issue might be airflow for the amp. Make sure nothing will block the flow to the sub's amp. Worst case it might need a fan behind the sub to keep air moving past it while it's on.

This is my other thought for the media center layout. I planned to have a bulge in the middle to pull the TV flush with the wall (the stand for stability reasons sticks out about 3-4 inches in front of the panel). What do you think about stuffing a PC-2000 behind the TV in a cutout in the design of the media unit?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Panasonic TC-P60VT60
    Marantz NR-1606
    Velodyne CHT-8 sub
    Sony BDP-S550
    XBox 360
    Logitech Harmony Touch

Oh, woops we kinda posted at the same time. Hmm, well it will be hard to test the current sub there without somehow getting power in there (I do have a 25' sub cable I bought to do placement testing so I can use that to reach in there from the receiver). So, the other speakers I think I was considering at one time were the HSU bookshelf/center combo. Anyone have any input on those? So I guess I'd use 4x HSU bookshelf + center paired with the SVS sub and heights or maybe an HSU sub of some kind but still the SVS or something similar for heights? The price on the HSU stuff is a couple hundred cheaper for the 5.0 package. I'm just not sure about the horn thing (though they do describe they're not using them for a bright sound). The 92db sensitivity is attractive though.
    Panasonic TC-P60VT60
    Marantz NR-1606
    Velodyne CHT-8 sub
    Sony BDP-S550
    XBox 360
    Logitech Harmony Touch

Putting the sub behind the display would work as well. It would keep the sub in the front, which many think allows better integration with the LCR speakers, but it also hides it.

As for HSU, I have no experience with them. They do have a big following.

As for horn drivers, they do tend to, or at least used to, have a unique sound. It has been many, many years since I have heard speakers with horns.

So I just did a little looking and according to SVS's website between a Fry's and a Best Buy Magnolia Design Center that are both about 20 miles north of me I should be able to go check out both the SB and PB 1000/2000 and the satellites. I smell a short road trip this weekend.
    Panasonic TC-P60VT60
    Marantz NR-1606
    Velodyne CHT-8 sub
    Sony BDP-S550
    XBox 360
    Logitech Harmony Touch

Oh and thanks for the input on the sub. I sent that drawing to SVS and they said it should work just fine up there. so now I just have to decide for sure PB or PC. I'm kinda leaning towards the PC for future design integration when we eventually move and the frequency graph looks like it has a little stronger response on the subsonic stuff.
    Panasonic TC-P60VT60
    Marantz NR-1606
    Velodyne CHT-8 sub
    Sony BDP-S550
    XBox 360
    Logitech Harmony Touch

Quote Originally Posted by cpaluda View Post
    So I just did a little looking and according to SVS's website between a Fry's and a Best Buy Magnolia Design Center that are both about 20 miles north of me I should be able to go check out both the SB and PB 1000/2000 and the satellites. I smell a short road trip this weekend.

Cool, be sure to let us know what they had and your impressions. Post a photo too.