Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Well, it has begun. Just pulled the trigger on an outlet model of the PB-2000 today. Saved $70 and still get the 5yr warranty, 45 day trial, and 1 year trade-up. I'll post pics when it gets here and probably start a build thread in the other forum. For the time being I'm probably going to just stick it parallel to the fireplace facing off towards the kitchen or something until I get the entertainment unit build. We hardly use the fireplace in the winter it's definitely not going to be used now that we have 100 degree days.
    Panasonic TC-P60VT60
    Marantz NR-1606
    Velodyne CHT series satellites/center
    Velodyne CHT-8 sub
    Sony UBP-X800
    XBox 360
    Logitech Harmony Touch
    Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR

I have not heard a PB-2000 so I am interested in reading your thoughts once you get it dialed in.

SVS offers a huge lineup now. It would be hard to say which way I would go if I were in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    I have not heard a PB-2000 so I am interested in reading your thoughts once you get it dialed in.

SVS offers a huge lineup now. It would be hard to say which way I would go if I were in the market.
    If I had more $$$ to spend I'm not sure either. I really would have liked to do a PC-xxxx but I decided in the end it was just going to be too hard to realistically fit into the room. I wasn't happy about potentially hiding it behind the entertainment center partially and the technical issues of trying to build it to accommodate that. I also thought about trying to get by with a SB-2000 since it would be marginal for the airspace and either way a huge upgrade over the little 8" velodyne but I can deal with the size on the PB and it leaves headroom and also the ability to hopefully not be obsolete in a new house down the road.
    Panasonic TC-P60VT60
    Marantz NR-1606
    Velodyne CHT-8 sub
    Sony UBP-X800
    XBox 360
    Logitech Harmony Touch

I would love to say, I'll just buy the largest Ultra sub that they offer. However, what I have learned is that multiple subs offer a flatter in-room response.

I suppose the ideal situation would be to have at least one sub that digs really deep and have at least one other sub (maybe multiples depending on room size) that is tuned to have a higher output/less deep response.

......or just do what David Vaughn has done which makes me drool just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    I would love to say, I'll just buy the largest Ultra sub that they offer. However, what I have learned is that multiple subs offer a flatter in-room response.

I suppose the ideal situation would be to have at least one sub that digs really deep and have at least one other sub (maybe multiples depending on room size) that is tuned to have a higher output/less deep response.

......or just do what David Vaughn has done which makes me drool just thinking about it.
    Yeah I thought about trying to do 2xSB-2000 or PB-1000 but was just going to be too much $$$ I mean, I could do it, but it will be that much longer before I get the rest of the speakers, and then there's still the problem of where to put the second one.
    Panasonic TC-P60VT60
    Marantz NR-1606
    Velodyne CHT-8 sub
    Sony UBP-X800
    XBox 360
    Logitech Harmony Touch

My PB-2000 showed up today. I'll get it unboxed for sure, not sure if I'll get a chance to play with it tonight though (guild raid night on an MMO I play on). I was worried at first about the condition of the exterior box having a few smalls rips/etc. but then I remembered this is an outlet one and it looks like it's probably the box that someone else received and returned it in since there are parts where it looks like various labels were removed with a knife to be replaced with labels to send to me. Took pictures just in case there are any actual issues but not expecting any.
    Panasonic TC-P60VT60
    Marantz NR-1606
    Velodyne CHT-8 sub
    Sony UBP-X800
    XBox 360
    Logitech Harmony Touch

It's set up. Haven't had a chance to really use it yet. I set it up after everyone else went to bed cause it's quiet etc so nothing to interfer with the audyssey tones. Location is temporary untill I figure the rest of the speakers out and get the new entertainment center built

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
    Panasonic TC-P60VT60
    Marantz NR-1606
    Velodyne CHT-8 sub
    Sony UBP-X800
    XBox 360
    Logitech Harmony Touch