Russia Banned from Winter Olympics

Name:  winter olympics.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  87.1 KB

The International Olympic Committee has officially banned Russia from the upcoming Winter Olympics. This is huge news as Russia is traditionally a powerhouse when it comes to the Winter Games.

The IOC states urine samples of around 1000 Russian Olympic athletes were swapped out for "clean samples", just before they were to be tested. Since there has been a history of athletes "Doping" in preparation for Olympic competition, the IOC is taking this very seriously.

The story that I just saw on television said there will be no teams representing Russia, no Russian flag, or Russian National Anthem. It did say that individual Russian athletes can compete in individual competitions, providing they pass additional testing. If there were any to pass these tests, they would not wear the official Russian uniform.

Did anyone else hear this news? Are you a fan of the Olympics?

I saw this news and I was not surprised. Russia or even The Soviet Union has always cheated from what I could tell..

Any way to get the gold and the pride of the nation and of course during the cold war, which side is better.. lol.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

It's good that individuals that were going to complete in non-team events can still compete, providing they pass the same drug screening as everyone else.

I wonder how the news outlets in Russia are spinning this story.

It will be us vs them with them oppressing their poor athletes since they are the best..
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.