How do you cook Bacon?

There is an interesting article in regards to cooking Bacon perfectly. See link here..

They recommend the best way is to cook bacon in water..

I always used the oven or frying pan but never tried the water method..

Any thoughts?

Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I cook mine a pack at a time in the oven. I line a large metal baking pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes or so at 400F.

I must say that I am intrigued with this method and if it were not for me wanting to cook a whole pack at once, I would give it a shot. Afterall, who wants just three pieces of bacon. It's the meat-candy of the gods.

Yeah, I agree with the pack at a time.. But, this option of water is interesting.. I will have to try it one day when I only want 2 or 3 slices.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

Mine tends to come out burnt in the pan if I am not careful at the end.

With that said, I don't need to be eating ANY bacon right now. Blood work good but I am FAT. Lost about 10 since the holidays however!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Del Colliano View Post
    Mine tends to come out burnt in the pan if I am not careful at the end.

With that said, I don't need to be eating ANY bacon right now. Blood work good but I am FAT. Lost about 10 since the holidays however!

WOW, how did you lose 10 pounds since the holidays?

It's my theory that the planet demands that there be a certain amount of fat on the Earth at all times. If someone loses weight, someone else gains it. That being said, I think I found some of the 10 you lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    WOW, how did you lose 10 pounds since the holidays?

It's my theory that the planet demands that there be a certain amount of fat on the Earth at all times. If someone loses weight, someone else gains it. That being said, I think I found some of the 10 you lost.
    haha, good theory

I lost about 10 myself in the past month and a half. How? No sugar, period and very little carbs + the usual cardio (for me, bike riding 1 hr a day). As I'm a vegetarian, no carbs is hard, but it absolutely works.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Eberhart View Post
    haha, good theory

I lost about 10 myself in the past month and a half. How? No sugar, period and very little carbs + the usual cardio (for me, bike riding 1 hr a day). As I'm a vegetarian, no carbs is hard, but it absolutely works.
    I don't eat a lot of sugar, although holidays don't count , and no processed foods. I try and limit my carbs but I am addicted to salsa and tortilla chips are perfect for salsa. I do eat ones that have no added sugar and have brown rice and chia seeds as a portion of the make up, rather than all regular corn.

I'm truly not being critical, but as a vegetarian, what are a typical day's meals for you? I know a few people who are but many of them are overweight, in my opinion, due to their intake of carbs and sugar.

I drink a lot of coffee and tea throughout the day and they have lots of sugar in the cup or I should say correctly and if I am honest, I drink lots of sugar with coffee and Tea inside the cup.. lol.. oh man..
    Main:

Growing up and living the South, sweet tea is our Official Drink. My wife (a Yankee BTW) broke me from drinking it shortly after we were married. She made it MUCH sweeter than I was used to and gradually made it so sweet, I couldn't drink it. I gave up drinking it and soda at the same time.

As for coffee, if it needs sugar or creamer there's something wrong with it or you really don't like coffee.

We all just love sugar..
    Main: