Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Barry, thanks for the insight. After reading that, these claims seem harder to believe.

But you're right in that based on his appearance in all the films and generally seeming pretty sharp in interviews/appearances, you would not think he was 95.

And after 95 years of being considered a class act its sad that claims like this are being leveled at him in his last few years.

But again, based on what Barry says, Stan is probably unaware of the claims, or at least their gravity. So hopefully he's not worrying about his legacy being tarnished and is simply enjoying his golden years.

(Also, Stan could hire 50 strippers to live at his house, and another dozen to follow him around all day if he wanted. Makes no sense for him to harass his healthcare staff.)

And CONGRATS to Barry for getting that writing gig. Pretty impressive. Bummer its not meant for the average fan (given the price) though.

Maybe parlay this into writing the script for the inevitable biopic that comes out after he passes...?
    Last edited by Brandon Eberhart; 01-15-2018 at 04:01 PM.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    Thanks for the insight Barry. When I first saw the story my BS detector started to go off. I agree with Tracy, someone is trying to much a buck off of him.

Quick question, how many books do you plan on selling at $550 a pop! Geezus, do you think you're Trump? Will it be the biggest and best book ever? (Joking of course, I'm sure it will be awesome!).
    Collectors my friend - collectors. While I'm into audio, my younger brother is a collector! He drops $1.5k to $2k on sideshow statues. He has books from our childhood together - graded, sealed and cased never to be opened again . He'd buy that in a heart beat!!!! He might not even read it!!!! He'd seal it and case it...he's got the original "Bring on the Bad Guys" origin stories and Marvels Origins in mint condition....He's got a ton of stuff that he's never opened, just collected.
    Infinity Composition Prelude P-FR L/R, Infinity Overture 1 center, Front hgts, and side surrounds, Infinity FPS-1000 Rear surround and rear hgt, Acoustic Elegance P1152 subs (x2) SVS 16-46 (x2), (x2) B&K Reference 200.7 power amp, Denon AVR X4300H, Yamaha MX-830, Behringer NU4-6000, 8 core HTPC W/Blu-ray W/Jriver nVidia 1060gtx 6gb,Hybrid tube DAC W/Burson Vivid, Silicondust HDHR3 Prime, TCL 4K 55 inch LCD, Vivitek HK2288 4K Projector

Speaking of collectors, I bet that's Barry in all the Marvell movies and he just isn't telling us that the character is based on him in real life.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Sigh,

Prerich mentions that he has ""Bring on the Bad Guys" origin stories and Marvels Origins " These were reprint books, published in the mid 1970s, featuring reprints of Marvel's most famous characters. I have those books too.

But I also have the4 ORIGINALS. Marvel has even come to my house to scan these!
    Name:  1 FF.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  99.7 KBName:  2 Spider-Man.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  99.3 KBName:  3Avengers.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  112.1 KBName:  4 X Men.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  104.2 KBName:  5Tales to Astonish.jpg
Size:  111.7 KBName:  6Hulk.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  103.7 KBName:  7 IM 1 Cap 100 IM Subby 1.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  106.3 KBName:  8 sgt fury.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  103.1 KBName:  9 Strange Tales.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  102.7 KBName:  10 surfer  fury dr strange conan captain marvel.jpg
Size:  104.3 KBName:  DD TOS39 JiM 83.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  107.4 KB
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Barry, I hope that you have adequate insurance for your collection. I know you have had the publishers and others writing books use your collection as research and reference. That tells me that you have an impressive library.

Very nice Barry. If you were ever going to sell the items, out of curiosity, would you go to an auctioneer? Wonder how they sell these type of collectables.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    JJJ,

I was an avid collector and what was called the silver age of Comics. This was about 1959 to,about 1975.The industry radically began to change at this time and I lost interest in it. I only came back at about 2005. Much to my surprise the industry had been divided into two worlds now. There has always been the collector and lover of Comics such as myself and there are many of us out here. But There Is a new group that has taken over the conventions and much of the publicity. They are not collectors, they are speculators and view Comics as commodities as if they were on the stock market.

I am not ignorant to the fact that my comics are worth a lot of money. But I am not into selling or buying. I’m with the group that enjoys the Comics and discusses the artwork and stories and not their prices. So it may surprise you, with all the information I give here, That I don’t know how to auction off my comics or where to go for the current price. Notice how a previous poster only discussed the potential value of his collection and I never do. I discuss their history an stories.Name:  55DE9F30-7321-4A16-B862-BAC3CBBC1F5A.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  14.9 KB
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Thanks Barry. I guess there will always be two types of folks -- those that buy to enjoy and those that buy to sell.

Glad you are enjoying your collection.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Here is a page from one of the first comic price guides in 1970. Spider-Man first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #15.Name:  Overstreet1.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  93.7 KB
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

Wow, very nice.
    Main: