Logitech Harmony 650

I picked up one of these used for $40 to replace the remote for my Vizio SV470M which died over the weekend. This is my 3rd working unit now. It took me all of 10 minutes to progam in macros and add 3 devices into it.

Main/2nd/3rd System
    AVR Yamaha RX-V1800/RX-V1900/RX-V1500
    Turntable ProJect Xpression III with Ortofon Red
    Cassette Deck Yamaha KX-800U/
    KX-800U/KX-630
    BluRay Yamaha BD-S681/Sony UBP-X800
    Media Player Iomega + 1TB internal drive/WD TV Live Plus + 3TB USB drive
    Display Samsung UN65KU6491 65"/UN55MU7000 55"
    Speakers Front:PSB Image T-45/Alphas/Mites,Center:PSB Image 8C/100C,Surrounds:PSB Image 1B/RBH A600
    Subwoofer Rythmic LV12-R/PSB Subsonic 5/Energy XL-S8

Logitech remotes are really easy to set up and have a lot of functionality. I'm still using my Harmony One in the family room.

I wish my URC MX-880 were that easy to set up since it's RF capable. I still don't have it working to my liking and I cannot talk David into flying over to program it for me.

These units would be unstoppable if only they would add r/f capability. I love the ease of programming, the balance and the tactility of the buttons.
    Main/2nd/3rd System
    AVR Yamaha RX-V1800/RX-V1900/RX-V1500
    Turntable ProJect Xpression III with Ortofon Red
    Cassette Deck Yamaha KX-800U/
    KX-800U/KX-630
    BluRay Yamaha BD-S681/Sony UBP-X800
    Media Player Iomega + 1TB internal drive/WD TV Live Plus + 3TB USB drive
    Display Samsung UN65KU6491 65"/UN55MU7000 55"
    Speakers Front:PSB Image T-45/Alphas/Mites,Center:PSB Image 8C/100C,Surrounds:PSB Image 1B/RBH A600
    Subwoofer Rythmic LV12-R/PSB Subsonic 5/Energy XL-S8

Nice! I'm a big fan of the Harmony remotes. I've been thinking of picking up the 950. I had a Harmony One that I bought in 2009 and loved it. Then it had the battery swelling problem and the battery couldn't be removed. Out of warranty they sent me a Harmony Touch for free since the One was discontinued but the battery was a known issue. That was around 2012.

The Touch is nice, but the 950 looks more like the One layout that I liked better (screen at the top instead of in the middle of the buttons). I had to pry apart my Touch to dry it out a few weeks back after dumping a glass of water over it and the case got chewed up pretty good around the seam because of that (and almost couldn't get it to go back together) so I started looking into a replacement.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Marantz NR-1606 | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Logitech remotes are really easy to set up and have a lot of functionality. I'm still using my Harmony One in the family room.

I wish my URC MX-880 were that easy to set up since it's RF capable. I still don't have it working to my liking and I cannot talk David into flying over to program it for me.
    Tracy, I have a MX-990 that I bought before the end of the year that's still sitting in the box because I don't have all day to program the damn thing! Once setup, the URC remotes are fantastic, but if you don't program them everyday you forget how to do certain things. Thank God for YouTube videos!
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine