Thread: Subwoof

Subwoof

Anyone have experience with wireless subwoofs? I'll be moving soon and hate having to hire a carpet man to lift the edges to run speaker wires. I know you only have to do it once, but still.
    JR
    PS. I saw that Golden Ear is planning a wireless bookshelf speaker. Hmm, may have to retire my Polks.

If you are happy with your current sub, I would look into a wireless transmitter for it.

There are a few on the market, but here's one on the SVS site. https://www.svsound.com/products/dayton-audio-wave-link

They look like a good idea "IF" you have a self powered sub. I don't.
    JR

Quote Originally Posted by jerrich View Post
    They look like a good idea "IF" you have a self powered sub. I don't.
    JR
    I thought you had a powered SVS. What is your current sub?

I might have to switch to one but now I'm running a HSU 1225 cylinder with its separate 250W amp. I guess I'll probably be calling the carpet man again (cheapest option). I'd hate to invest big bucks in a wireless hookup for sub and surrounds, then learn I had big interference problems. Not uncommon I've read.
    JR

Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

Its been a while but I had a BITCH of a time getting my little GoldenEar (not wireless) to work wirelessly with a number of after market options. That was easily 3 years ago.

We might be back in that situation thus I would try the SVS option offered above.

Back in my old condo, I ultimately put the sub on top of my rack and plugged it into my Marantz with an RCA chord. Sexy, I know but at least it worked. Audio from a soundbar without a sub is pretty uninspired.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrich View Post
    I might have to switch to one but now I'm running a HSU 1225 cylinder with its separate 250W amp. I guess I'll probably be calling the carpet man again (cheapest option). I'd hate to invest big bucks in a wireless hookup for sub and surrounds, then learn I had big interference problems. Not uncommon I've read.
    JR

If the sub's amp could be moved next to the sub, you could always try the wireless option.

Or, you know you really want a new powered sub. I highly recommend GoldenEar's SuperSub X or XL.