Victoria: Season Two (Blu-ray) review

Name:  victoria 2.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  23.6 KB

Plot
    This landmark account of the life of one of history’s greatest monarchs continues as the Queen faces the very modern challenge of balancing a growing family with her marriage to Prince Albert and her work—all while being the ruler of the most powerful nation on earth. As Victoria’s reign continues into the 1840s, her Kingdom is witness to extraordinary events—constitutional crises and scandals at court, the rise of the Chartist movement, the devastating Irish Potato Famine, and Europe swept by revolution. As the saga unfolds ever vital moments in history, the Queen and Prince Albert must meet each public challenge while confronting profound personal changes.

My Thoughts
    I was a fan of the first season and eagerly anticipated the release of the second on Blu-ray. This is an excellent dramatic series that reminds me a lot of Downton Abbey as it takes a peek behind the curtain of the ruling class as well as the servants who allow them to live in luxury. Jenna Coleman (Victoria) and Tom Hughes (Albert) have amazing chemistry and they make you believe they truly love each other. This season has some new characters that really liven up the story and I find it to be one of the better dramas on TV.

Video 4/5 (AVC)

Audio 4/5 (DTS-HD MA 5.1)

Special Features:

• An Icon for Women Today
    • Researching Victoria
    • The Costumes
    • The Footmen
    • The Graphics
    • The Silent Piano
    • Daisy & Ottillie Writing Together
    • Paget & Drummond
    • A Woman in a Man’s World.

Conclusion
    If you haven’t caught this show yet, be sure you do, especially if you enjoy historical dramas. The life of Victoria is simply amazing and she was definitely a woman who transcended time in the way that she ruled her Kingdom. Coleman is perfectly cast as the Monarch and the supporting players and their stories are extremely interesting. Highly recommended.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Thanks for the review. I will check out the first season first.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Thanks for the review, David.

Season One is included with Prime Membership.

Cool. Will check it out.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.