Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

School Shootings Will Not End Until Big Money Is Out Of Politics

I was watching the CBS Morning News this morning and everyone is all outraged over yet another school shooting. My friend Howard's kid was at the school as a student. Thankfully he's OK.

The kids want Donald Dipshit to do something. He isn't going to. His alt-right, uneducated base wants their guns over anything else. He isn't even going to say the right thing. What he did was try to use 17 dead children to get the FBI off his ass. Nice tweet, buddy. Real class. The fact is Muller just flipped Manifort's partner and Manifort is going to have to flip too at some point. Russia colluded. Its fact and there little that can change that ESPECIALLY lying via Twitter.

The students, many weren't born before Columbine, don't understand why nobody will ban "assault weapons" like an AR-15. That's because they don't understand money in politics. Maybe they will soon.

Here how it works...
    - The NRA which is backed by the GOP will fund a campaign against ANY candidate who doesn't go along with their no-bans, no-rules policies like you have in places like Florida. If you have $500,000 to run as a moderate for Congress somewhere but you aren't a "5-star NRA" supporter then you might see $5,000,000 get given to your primary challenger. Nothing democratic about that. Just a lobby group buying policy. Same thing happens in health care, pharmaceuticals and beyond.
    - The GOP REFUSED to allow Obama to appoint a Supreme Court Justice in Garland. They then put in a MUCH MORE RIGHT-leaning justice in Gorsich under Trump. This makes it harder to end Citizens United - if not impossible going forward.
    - We had a ban on these automatic and semi-automatic weapons from 1994-2004 but Congress is SO SOLD OUT that even after Sandy Hook they couldn't bring a continued ban up for a vote? Why? Because the NRA bought Congress. That's why.

Responsible gun owners will tell you an AR-15 isn't a good gun to protect your house. Its too big. Its a great gun in war or for killing some first graders but I digress again. And for hunters - you really need an automatic (see no action whatsoever on "bump stocks" which make an AR-15 pretty much an automatic weapon as per the Las Vegas shooting) or semi-automatic to shoot a deer? Really? That makes you one hell of a pussy then. Try a bow and arrow and make it a little more of a fair game. Or at least a gun without 100 rounds per minute capacity.

Here's the sad part - most NRA members think that there should be gun control laws in place. The NRA differs and can buy their way through Congress while these mindless shootings happen ALL THE TIME and they aren't going to stop any time soon.

In English speaking, first-world countries like the UK and Austrailia - there are 10x and 100x less gun violence per 100,000 people. That's because they took away people's guns completely. I am NOT suggesting that. I am AM suggesting that having a weapon of war available to someone at Wal-Mart without a background check makes for a world where we have these shootings.

Its time for some reasonable laws on gun control.

And if Congress wont pass them - join me in being first to vote these ass-wipes out of Washington in 2018 because, the quote the Joker "this town needs an enema!"

Jerry,

You always sound so sure of yourself, but you completely miss the point. This school shooting could have been 100% avoided if the FBI (government agency) had did their job. Second, the school district knew this guy was a threat, but did they add security to the school? Nope. Third, the school had a security guard but since it was a "gun free zone" he didn't have any way to stop the shooter when he arrived. Do you know who the first victim was? Of course, the security guard! (I guess harsh language doesn't stop a nut job with a gun).

Having "gun free zones" may make you lefties feel good, but in reality, they just ensure a target enriched zone. California has some of the toughest gun laws on the books, yet they didn't help one iota in San Bernadino, did they?

As for this particular instance, Florida needs to fix their law that allows an 18 year-old to buy a rifle, but that same kid can't buy a beer? 21 should be the age to buy a firearm and I agree with a waiting period. I also think there should be a handful of volunteer teachers at schools that should be able to carry guns (or have them locked away in their classroom and can be accessed quickly in the case of an emergency). You do that and school shootings will drop dramatically.

Finally, this is a tragedy, no doubt about it. But drug overdoses are a MUCH bigger problem that most people don't seem to give a shit about (especially the news media, which has ignored the issue for years). Trump has been on this since before he was President and should be a major concern: http://dailysignal.com/2017/10/27/fa...otor-vehicles/
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Here's a direct link to the CDC study: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/health...-estimates.pdf

This is a much bigger danger to our kids than any gun.
    David Vaughn

Jerry, I will agree with you on one point. Russia did try to influence our election. They provided "solicitous and unverified" information on one of the candidates to their opponent that was leaked to the press in hopes of influencing the results of the election. Unfortunately for you, it was your candidate who was duped by this scheme. Turn off MSNBC and CNN...they are warping your mind.
    David Vaughn

There is no easy or clear-cut solution to stopping these mass shootings.

I read a news story earlier today that stated that the shooter legally bought that AR-15 at a gun shop just miles from the school. The owners provided the completed paperwork and proof that it passed the FBI background check.

Just reported on ABC news, the shooter also bought an AK-47, and other non-assault weapons, from another Florida shop. If you buy an AK-47 you get yourself put on a completely different government list since they are fully automatic as far as I know. Either someone, somewhere dropped the ball with this guy's approval on more than one occasion or he had no documented case of mental illness.

Should gun shop owners be responsible to judge who is sane enough to buy such a weapon? I don't think so, they have absolutely no credentials to make such a judgment.

The FBI DID their job. There was no meaningful information about this kid other than a nameless video with no more data to go on.

The idea that they were too busy with the investigation of Trumps UNQUESTIONABLE TIES to Russia is total bullshit and a 100% insult to the dead kids and educators.

The kid was mutilating himself but the lax laws in FLA kept him from his God-given right to murder children given to him by the GOP and the NRA.

Rest well defending this one buddy.

Insane people shouldn't own guns. Autistic people likely shouldn't own guns.

Sorry.

The Second Amendment is about defending ones self in an era pre-1776 when there was a) no army b) no police c) guns that shot MAYBE one round in 60 seconds d) no phones and e) lots of bad guys wandering through the woods.

Today, the Second Amendment protects the rights of right wing nut jobs to kill innocent children while they try to get an education like my friend Howard's son.

Defend that Mr. Libertarian?

Go ahead. I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Del Colliano View Post
    The FBI DID their job. There was no meaningful information about this kid other than a nameless video with no more data to go on.

The idea that they were too busy with the investigation of Trumps UNQUESTIONABLE TIES to Russia is total bullshit and a 100% insult to the dead kids and educators.
    Jerry, a call went into the FBI about this guy and it should have been forwarded to the Miami office...the FBI has ADMITTED that they didn't follow their own procedure. Do you even read any unbiased news sites? This was all over the news last week and the FBI released a statement admitting that procedures weren't followed properly. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1G00T7
    David Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Del Colliano View Post
    The kid was mutilating himself but the lax laws in FLA kept him from his God-given right to murder children given to him by the GOP and the NRA.

Rest well defending this one buddy.

Insane people shouldn't own guns. Autistic people likely shouldn't own guns.

Sorry.

The Second Amendment is about defending ones self in an era pre-1776 when there was a) no army b) no police c) guns that shot MAYBE one round in 60 seconds d) no phones and e) lots of bad guys wandering through the woods.

Today, the Second Amendment protects the rights of right wing nut jobs to kill innocent children while they try to get an education like my friend Howard's son.

Defend that Mr. Libertarian?

Go ahead. I dare you.
    Jerry,

Have you ever read anything the founders wrote, like the Federalist papers? I take it that you haven't because if you did you'd discover that the 2nd amendment was created so the people could keep a tyrannical government at bay.. They didn't trust central governments for very good reasons...it's why they declared Independence from the King of England, because of his tyrannical rule.

I hope nothing bad ever happens to your family, but if your home is ever broken into, go ahead and call the police...you and your family will be dead before the police ever get there.

As for who should own guns, I agree with you that insane people shouldn't, nor should felons. We have laws on the books that don't allow that. Unfortunately, criminals don't follow the laws. I see you completely ignored the San Bernadino question...why was that? Because you have no answer besides ceding more control to a government that doesn't give a shit about the citizens of this country...they only care about keeping their fat pensions and taxing the citizens to their death. Also, what about the drug epidemic in this country? More kids die from overdoses than from guns...where is your outrage there?
    David Vaughn

Knives kill more people than rifles: http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/19/kn...rce=site-share

China may need knife control too: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Pos...?sort=0&page=0
    David Vaughn