Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I think you would be fine with a good quality AVR. Looking at the Anthem AVR specs, even the base model MRX 520, it pumps out 100 wpc into all five channel, simultaneously into 8 ohms. In my opinion, that's pretty impressive.

Name:  anthem AVR output.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  41.0 KB
    https://www.anthemav.com/products-cu...520/page=specs

Should you need 7 channels, the MRX 720 delivers 140 watts to channels 1-5 and 60 watts to channels 6 and 7, again into 8 ohms.

This shows you the power limitations of most all AVRs, but Anthem does it right and puts the true power specs on their product page.

I'm sure Marantz does the same.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    I think you would be fine with a good quality AVR. Looking at the Anthem AVR specs, even the base model MRX 520, it pumps out 100 wpc into all five channel, simultaneously into 8 ohms. In my opinion, that's pretty impressive.

Name:  anthem AVR output.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  41.0 KB
    https://www.anthemav.com/products-cu...520/page=specs

Should you need 7 channels, the MRX 720 delivers 140 watts to channels 1-5 and 60 watts to channels 6 and 7, again into 8 ohms.

This shows you the power limitations of most all AVRs, but Anthem does it right and puts the true power specs on their product page.

I'm sure Marantz does the same.
    That Anthem spec sheet is very helpful. I'll see what Marantz publishes and then do some comparison shopping. Thanks!