Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

KB and TRU were sadly, both well after my time.

All we had to look forward to was the Christmas Wish Book from Sears and Robuck.

Oh I know all about the Sears Christmas Catalogs. I'd cut out the pictures of the stuff I wanted and paste them on my letter to Santa every year.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

Anyone remember Red Goose shoes? Growing up, one of the locally owned clothing stores carried them.

While we weren't overly excited to get new shoes, what you wanted was the opportunity to get a Golden Egg from the goose. You never knew what was going to be inside. The egg itself could also be used as a bank.

Name:  golden egg.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  57.6 KB

Name:  goose.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  39.8 KB

Never heard of it but I am sure as a kid, it was exciting.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Owner of KB Toys says they are going to save the toy industry.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...cid=spartandhp

It would be good if they can save it.. Let's see. But then, how to stay alive???
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Founder just died: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/obituaries/charles-p-lazarus-toys-r-us-founder-dies-at-94.html

He was 94, but still, given the timing I think this may have literally broken his heart. I can't find a cause of death anywhere, though.

RIP
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.