Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Understanding I/O assignment without reading the manual.

test
    Main System/Second System
    AVR Yamaha RX-V1800/Yamaha RX-V1900
    Turntable ProJect Xpression III with Ortofon Red
    Cassette Deck Yamaha KX-800U/
    Yamaha KX-800U
    BluRay/CD Yamaha BD-S681/Sony UBP-X800
    Media Player Iomega + 1TB internal drive/WD TV Live Plus + 3TB USB drive
    Display Samsung UN65KU6491 65"/UN55MU7000 55"
    Speakers PSB Image T-45/Alphas Front, PSB Image 8C/100C Center, PSB Image 1B/RBH A600 Surrounds
    Subwoofer Rythmic LV12-R/PSB Subsonic 5

Are you having an issue posting your question or assigning your inputs and outputs? Both?

The on-screen display was fairly easy to understand with all my Onkyo, Marantz, and Anthem products. I did have to crack open the manual to learn about the Anthem's ARC software.

Everytime I tried to post what I did, it would hang. Only the test post worked.
    Yamaha KX-800U
    Speakers PSB Image T-45/Alphas Front, PSB Image 8C/100C Center, PSB Image 1B/RBH A600 Surrounds

Every time I tried to post what I did, it would hang. Only the test post worked.

I have an older XBOX360 that I tried to hook up to the free HDMI port (DVR or HDMI4) on the RX-V1900. No matter what I tried in the AVR menu, I could not get the XBOX to display through the AVR via HDMI. I even switched to a known working HDMI port and still nothing. I had to connect it directly to the display to get video output.
    Yamaha KX-800U

I too have an XBOX 360, but have never had a connection issue. However, my pre/pro shows the 360 as being 720p video, which is the case.

See if the AVR has a setting to display the video at its native resolution and see if that helps. If not, try having in upscale all video to 1080p or 4K and see if that solves anything.

I'm going to PM you about your posting issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    I too have an XBOX 360, but have never had a connection issue. However, my pre/pro shows the 360 as being 720p video, which is the case.

See if the AVR has a setting to display the video at its native resolution and see if that helps. If not, try having in upscale all video to 1080p or 4K and see if that solves anything.

I'm going to PM you about your posting issue.
    Thanks for all your help. I sent you what I wanted to post yesterday. Let me know if you have received it.
    Yamaha KX-800U

Quote Originally Posted by 3dbinCanada View Post
    Thanks for all your help. I sent you what I wanted to post yesterday. Let me know if you have received it.
    I did, and I'm still working on the posting error.

It sounds like you found a workaround by plugging the XBOX 360's HDMI into your display and the audio into the AVR. However, you should be able to simply plug the HDMI into the AVR for audio and video, as I'm sure you know.

For example, on my preamp, I can name inputs. I plugged my XBOX 360's HDMI into HDMI2. Then, in the Input Setup menu, I named the HDMI2 input XBOX and assigned the audio to be taken from the HDMI interface.

You may not be able to name your inputs, but you should be able to assign audio and video like my example.

What output resolution is your XBOX set for? It shouldn't make a difference, but make sure it's set to 720p. I don't think 1080p is an option for the XBOX 360.

I did, and I'm still working on the posting error.

It sounds like you found a workaround by plugging the XBOX 360's HDMI into your display and the audio into the AVR. However, you should be able to simply plug the HDMI into the AVR for audio and video, as I'm sure you know.

For example, on my preamp, I can name inputs. I plugged my XBOX 360's HDMI into HDMI2. Then, in the Input Setup menu, I named the HDMI2 input XBOX and assigned the audio to be taken from the HDMI interface.

You may not be able to name your inputs, but you should be able to assign audio and video like my example.

What output resolution is your XBOX set for? It shouldn't make a difference, but make sure it's set to 720p. I don't think 1080p is an option for the XBOX 360.
    Thats the thing. I tried a used HDMI port and it didn't work either. There must be a setting on the XBOX I can play with. I have the input on AVR to auto scale everything to 1080p. I will check again. I like playing around trouble shooting things like this as its a good learning oppertunity and drives home a point that a poorly documented instruction manual fails to do.
    Yamaha KX-800U

Quote Originally Posted by 3dbinCanada View Post
    I like playing around trouble shooting things like this as its a good learning oppertunity and drives home a point that a poorly documented instruction manual fails to do.
    Heh, I just like things to work.

I'll try to take a look at my XBOX video settings and see if anything comes to mind. However, it should simply work.

Heh, I just like things to work.

I'll try to take a look at my XBOX video settings and see if anything comes to mind. However, it should simply work.
    I agree that it should simply work. This is the only HDMI connected device that wont get passed through my AVR.
    Yamaha KX-800U