Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I don't think I will ever be a "streaming guy" with the exception of background music.

I want the absolute best AV presentation that my system can provide and even the best streaming that I have seen doesn't match Blu-ray. My sucky Internet, the best that AT&T can offer me, makes even watching Amazon Prime Video a pain at times. Buffering....buffering....buffering....

I'm sticking with physical media.

I'm with Tracy on streams. I want to own my music. I am very ok with downloads, but not if the price of entry is going to be either a computer with outboard dac set up, or an uber expensive player that likely won't do nearly as many things as the Oppo did for 5-10 times the money.

And I don't know of any pc based SACD player (other than playing iso's on foobar)
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    And I don't know of any pc based SACD player (other than playing iso's on foobar)
    I haven't heard any news about playing an actual SACD or DVD-A disc on a HTPC either. I know that it's possible to get multi-channel Blu-ray Audio with the right configuration and soundcard but not sure about the others.

I'm on the fence about if I should go ahead and buy another Oppo for future use. Granted, they seem to last a very long time but parts do fail. I'm wondering what are the most failed components and if replacements are universal enough to find them way into the future.

I assume it's mechanical parts like the optical drive and belts that operate the disc drawer that are most likely to go first.