April 17, 2018 Blu-ray Release

• A Taxi Driver (Well Go USA)
    • Auto Focus (Twilight Time)
    • Aloha, Bobby and Rose (Scorpion Releasing)
    • Big Brother Volcano (Gravitas Ventures)
    • Blue Denim (Twilight Time)
    • Camp Nowhere: Special Edition (Kino)
    • Caravan to Vaccares (Scorpion Releasing)
    • Day of the Reaper (SRS Cinema)
    • Deep Blue Sea 2 (Warner Brothers)
    • Haikyu!!: 2nd Season (Section 23)
    • Haikyu!!: 2nd Season (Limited Edition) (Section 23)
    • Honor Up (Lionsgate)
    • Humor Me (Shout Factory)
    • Interview with Monster Girls: The Complete Series (FUNimation Entertainment)
    • Killjoys: Season Three (Universal Studios)
    • Les Girls (Warner Archive Collection)
    • Maximillian & Marie de Bourgogne (Kino Lorber)
    • Model Shop (Twilight Time)
    • Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On - Season One Part Two (FUNimation Entertainment)
    • My Friend Victoria (Zeitgeist Films)
    • Mystery Science Theater 3000: Season Eleven (Shout! Factory)
    • New Chefs on the Block (Gravitas Ventures)
    • No Down Payment (Twilight Time)
    • Rough Stuff (Gravitas Ventures)
    • Seijun Suzuki: The Early Years, Vol. 2 - Border Crossings: The Crime and Action Movies (Arrow)
    • Singing Guns (Kino Lorber)
    • Sleeping Dogs (Arrow Academy)
    • Straight Talk (Reissue) (Kino)
    • The Awful Truth (1937) (Criterion)
    • The Color of Pomegranates (Criterion)
    • The Commuter (Lionsgate)
    • The Post (20th Century Fox)
    • Trigger, Jr. (Kino Lorber Studio Classics)
    • Urara Meirocho: The Complete Collection (Section 23)

Thanks TR. another ho hum week.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Yep...it's that time of year....I enjoy the time off...I've been able to catch up on some TV shows.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    Thanks TR. another ho hum week.
    My pleasure, as always. I will not be buying or renting any of these titles.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    Yep...it's that time of year....I enjoy the time off...I've been able to catch up on some TV shows.
    We're almost to the Prime Video binge-watching season.

Baseball!
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

I watched the Sharks/Ducks game last night...playoff hockey is great (I enjoyed some of a baseball game too (Giants/Padres), but I don't think my Giants are going to be very good this year, so it's hard to get into them.
    David Vaughn

I remember coming up from Nashville Tennessee to New York City. My father gave me a copy of the local newspaper and it listed seven TV stations. Where we came from we only have one or two At the time. I said that this was great though always be something on that I want to watch. Gosh, was I ever wrong. But now, 100 years later, there really is so much On I can’t even keep up. For example less than half the games of the Yankees were on TV then. Now All are on. Just like all the hockey playoff games will be on. But with HBO, Netflix, Hulu and so many others I can’t keep up anymore.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

Me neither Barry. So much I want to see but not enough time. That's why if one of my sports teams suck, I stop tuning in until they put a better product on the field. I'll still read articles and watch highlights to keep up, but I just don't have the time to watch every day.
    David Vaughn

David you are so right. I never understood the sports fanatics that supported the team that was really very bad. They would not continue to go to a restaurant that no longer serve good food but several people will stick by a team even though they have produced a bad product. Will use the word fan to describe a supporter of the sport, but we should also be using the word consumer. And as a consumer, paying the high price sports is today, I really don’t want to hear excuses for bad team.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

Exactly Barry...we are thinking the same way in this regard. Then again, "fan" is a shortening of "Fanatic," which has a definition of: a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.

I guess we could throw in sports teams too....the NFL did take Sunday away from God, after all
    David Vaughn