THE RETURN OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR

August 2018
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

I'm sure Barry will be on it for a review.

I wonder if this means the live action version is in the works.

Name:  799386B2-B138-4FAC-9091-88EBCF0A1547.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  20.4 KB

From my collection.

the.FF was the first comic of the Marvel age. It introduced many concepts that are now common in Comics. For example, the FF Started the concept of a family of superheroes which we also see in the X-Men. The concept that a monster can be your hero, which we see in the Hulk, started here. The fantastic four did not have secret identities. But Stan Lee and Jack Kirby elevated the reading levels of Comics starting with this collection. The fantastic four was stopped not because of bad sales but because fox now on the rights to the pictures and Disney wanted them back. Disney then was not going to promote Anything that FOX did. The comic book is probably coming back because there is no movie in progress.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

When Disney owns Fox, I'm sure this will get a full reboot.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

I guess "the incredibles" would be the successor for the Fantastic four.

Are there other family super heroes?
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

The. Incredibles borrowed and even satirized a great deal from the FF.
    The X-men had several family units. Batman and Robin, Green Arrow and Speedy, Aquaman snd Aqualad even Captain America and Bucky had family elements.

Superman had his cousin, Supergirl.

thor had Thor’s brother, Loki, his father , Odin and mother.

the Sub-Mariner had cousins.

But the Ff had not just a brother and sister, but a husband and wife and baby.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Thanks Barry. Family is at the core!
    Main:

I always liked the Jessica Alba Fantastic Four movie. Seemed to mostly get things right (tho I never read the comic) and was a fun, silly superhero movie. The shoddy costumes and FX make them even more fun for me.

2nd one was OK.

Barry, thoughts? Seems like those older FF movies never got much love. Curious what a true believer thinks-
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.