'Schoolhouse Rock' composer and musician Bob Dorough dies at 94

from usatoday,

"Go ahead, Generation X and Millennials, pour one out for Bob Dorough. The musician and composer, 94, died Monday of natural causes at his home in Mount Bethel, Pa., his son told the Associated Press.

You may not know Dorough's name but if you were parked in front of your TV on Saturday mornings growing up in the 1970s or '80s (or your teachers did), you can probably still recite the lyrics he wrote for Schoolhouse Rock. And the lessons he imparted may have helped you pass a grammar or math test along the way.

He wrote all of the music and lyrics for the Multiplication Rock math series and two of the best-known Grammar Rock numbers, Conjunction Junction and Lolly, Lolly Lolly, Get Your Adverbs Here."
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

I wouldn't call myself an overachiever in school and rarely studied, but let Schoolhouse Rock come on and I was mesmerized.

It was the way I was able to remember my 7s and 8s times tables, for sure. However, the grammar ones like Conjunction Junction and Verb, That's What's Happening were my favorites.

I introduced our daughter to them on YouTube and she too can still sing the lyrics of many of them.

Mr. Dorough's work will continue to impact students even after his passing. Rest in Peace.

I have the DVD set for schoolhouse rock.

They need to put this back on tv.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.