Gibson Files Chapter 11

Gibson, the company who made many of the guitars that forged Rock and the Blues, is in financial trouble.

Name:  bb king gibson.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  21.7 KB

TWICE reports that Gibson filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Tuesday. The company, who is in its 123rd year of business, is not just about guitars. They also own consumer electronics brands Onkyo, Teac, Woox, Cerwin Vega, Stanton, and in part Pioneer.

The filing comes with a turnaround plan that will transfer equity ownership to its principal lenders, focus on its core musical instrument and pro audio businesses, and wind down its Gibson Innovations tech operation, which it acquired from Philips in 2014.
    Gibson sold their interest in Onkyo to the Chinese display manufacturer TCL, just last month.

I didn't know that Gibson owned all those companies but I hope they can turn their musical instrument division around and continue to make some of music's most iconic guitars. Gibson, like Fender, needs to stay in business and remain an American company.

Do any of you guys own a Gibson guitar?

My all time fav acoustic was a 1954 J45 that I made a fortune on when I sadly sold it around 2000.

Has hip hop made quality guitars extinct?
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

Quote Originally Posted by moomoomoomoo View Post
    My all time fav acoustic was a 1954 J45 that I made a fortune on when I sadly sold it around 2000.

Has hip hop made quality guitars extinct?

This model? Man, it would be hard for me to let that one go.

Name:  gibson j45.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  35.6 KB

http://truevintageguitar.com/invento...4-gibson-j-45/

I remember a friend saving and buying a D28, in 1972.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc