Next to....Last Man Standing

Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

I know

Thanks Barry. The accountants in Hollywood are probably screaming at the content producers and telling them they are ignoring half of America. As Michael Jordan once said when he refused to endorse a Democratic congressman, "Republicans buy sneakers too!"

We need to get back to keeping politics out of our daily lives and conversations. Hell, Jerry and I don't agree on politics but had a great 45 minute conversation the other day talking about other things.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

David,

I saw An episode of the last man standing for the first time tonight. It was from season four, episode 12. In this episode Tim Allen needs a neighbor who is played by his wife from home improvement. They made all sorts of references to that show, some obvious, some not, some clever some not. But all in all it was a fun episode to watch although it had TV formula all over it. But you can see that they enjoy doing the show and that the pair and the pair enjoyed working together again.

The one thing that did strike me Is how short the shows are becoming. They used to be 26 minutes or so and now they’re down to 22. And our shows which used to be 52 minutes are now 42 minutes
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Barry,

Good catch...that's a fun episode. Also, for the length, The Big Bang Theory has had episodes as short at 18-minutes! It's why I don't watch live TV anymore...I record everything and watch it later without the commercials.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Me too! But you can understand why so much is going to streaming. Those shows have longer running times and no commericals
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp