YouTube with HDR (VP9)

Now ill be honest, ive knocked YouTubes quality at 4k. I was used to casting it from my phone to the 4k tv. But what I didnt know is that u need a specific YouTube app that can play the videos as intended.

The 4K player I purchased LG 970 comes with only two apps. Luckily for me one of them is the YouTube app capable of HDR. I recently purchased a Vizio 65" M Series that has HDR and Dolby Vision. (Local dimming too, but thats for another thread)

To tell u i was blown away by the app is an understatement. Regular 4k UHD looks great but HDR videos are on another planet.

I am watching anything I can just to experience it.

Now if they could stream live sports using this, I would pay anything for it! Seriously. Comcasts garbage in 4k just makes everything look 4x worse.

So my apologies YouTube. Ur app kicks some serious ass!
    Last edited by NoUDont; 05-08-2018 at 07:57 AM.

It's good to hear your positive statements. I have been skeptical that anyone can stream great-quality 4K, much less HDR 4K, given the barriers on the ISP end.

I would love to have access to this type of service and would gladly buy a new display. However, my ISP is holding me back and we have their fastest-tier service.

I'm happy it's working for you. What type of programming is available in 4K with HDR?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    It's good to hear your positive statements. I have been skeptical that anyone can stream great-quality 4K, much less HDR 4K, given the barriers on the ISP end.

I would love to have access to this type of service and would gladly buy a new display. However, my ISP is holding me back and we have their fastest-tier service.

I'm happy it's working for you. What type of programming is available in 4K with HDR?
    right now, i have only found nature and city scape videos in HDR. i have found a couple of soccer highlights in 4K that look great too.