Fifty Shades Freed (UHD Blu-ray) review

Name:  freed.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  23.5 KB

Plot
    When a wounded Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan, “The Fall,” Anthropoid) tries to entice a cautious Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson, How to Be Single, Black Mass) back into his life, she demands a new arrangement before she will give him another chance. As the two begin to build trust and find stability, shadowy figures from Christian’s past start to circle the couple. Jack Hyde (Eric Johnson, “The Knick,” “Smallville”) and Elena Lincoln (Kim Basinger, L.A. Confidential, 9 ½ Weeks) intensify the story, determined to destroy the couple’s hopes for a future together.

My Thoughts
    I honestly can’t tell you how good this movie is because I couldn’t get through the first fifteen minutes without jumping ahead between chapters to see how good the audio and video is, but the movie has horrendous writing, wooden acting, and pedestrian sex scenes. Seriously, unless your wife forces you to watch this, I’d stay away.

Video 9/10 (MVC)

Audio 9/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features:

Blu-ray:

• A Darker Direction – Director James Foley explains how his vision had to meet with fans’ expectations.
    • New Threats – An introduction to some new, dark and threatening characters, including Jack Hyde, Leila and, of course, Elena Lincoln – aka Mrs. Robinson!
    • The Masquerade – This featurette about one of the film’s most iconic scenes — the masquerade benefit event at Grey Mansion — explores the production design and costumes and goes behind-the-scenes with the filmmakers and main cast members.
    • Intimate With Darker – An intense look and discussion about the intimate, sensual and provocative world of Fifty Shades Darker, including a visit to the Red Room and, of course, the new “toys!”
    • Blu-ray + Digital Copy

Conclusion
    Unless you liked the previous two movies, there’s really no reason to watch this. I actually read the books years ago to have something to talk about with my wife and at least the written prose was able to show the chemistry between the two main characters and something was definitely lost in translation to the movie. Skip it.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Thanks Dave, I have avoided all three movies.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    Thanks Dave, I have avoided all three movies.
    As have I. My wife has read the whole series and even she said the first film wasn't a fair representation of the story. She didn't watch the second one and says she isn't interested in this one either.

I assume this one will collect a lot of dust on your movie shelf.

My local library will get my copy...that's where any movie I don't want ends up.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Hard to believe but this franchise made tons of $$$$$
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.