Name:  earlyman.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  55.9 KB

Plot
Set at the dawn of time, when prehistoric creatures roamed the Earth, Early Man tells the story of courageous caveman hero Dug (Eddie Redmayne) and his best friend, Hognob, as they unite their tribe against a mighty enemy — Lord Nooth (Tom Hiddleston) and his Bronze Age City — to save their home.

My Thoughts
I remember seeing the trailer for this in the theater and I thought it would be fun to watch and wow, I couldn’t have been more wrong. The first act is just plain stupid and when the villain is finally introduced, you really could give a damn about what happens to Dug and his tribe. Sure, the Claymation is extremely well done, but the story is weak and doesn’t grab you like Chicken Run did back in the day (it’s from the same creators).

Video 4.5/5 (AVC)

Audio 4/5 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features:

• “Before the Beginning of Time: Creating Early Man” Featurette
  • “Nick Park: Massaging the Funny” Featurette
  • “The Valley Meets the Bronze” Featurette
  • “Hanging at Aardman Studios: A Workshop Exploration” Featurette

Conclusion
Ultimately, this is a disappointment since the film has virtually no appeal to adult audiences. At first, I thought it was just the mood I was in and after about 30 minutes I asked my wife what she thought, and her reply was something not fit to print—yes, she hated it more than I did! If you’re in to Claymation, then you may want to rent it first because the replay value isn’t very high.