1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Deadpool 2: A Non Spoiler review

The sun'll come out Tomorrow, Bet your bottom dollar
    That tomorrow There'll be sun
    Just thinkin' about Tomorrow
    Clears away the cobwebs,
    And the sorrow 'Til there's none

Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow
    You're always A day Away

A reminder: In a spoiler review means I do not tell you more about the movie than you can see in the coming attractions. That is, you know that this is a super-hero movie, connected to the X-Men, the second in a series and the first movie was very successful.

Briefly, if you liked the first movie you will like this. If you didn’t don’t bother. This movie does not rehash the first, the characters are all introduced and they need not go back and reintroduce them. If you haven’t seen the first, it may take a while tom get up to speed. I enjoyed the movie, although it is still too violent for me to give it an overwhelming review.

I saw the two hour movie in Imax and the picture was large and perfect. It had much better use of surround sound than many other movies. The Deadpool movies are “lower” cost productions and do not have the elaborate cast of the other X-Men or Marvel movies.

It is hard to describe without giving anything away, but here goes: This is really two movies shown at once. The first is a very serious movie about tragedy and loss, revenge, redemption and putting right what once went wrong.

The second movie, which is going on at the same time, is an irreverent look at super-hero movies and popular culture. It is a satire of these movies and there is no fourth wall, the participants are often talking and reacting to the knowing audience. It is very funny, which is the reason to see this movie.

The movie makes no sense and everything is outrageously impossible, but very funny. The more you know about these movies and the comics the funnier it is. I gave up reading comics during the Carter admiration so I did not know many of the main characters.

Stay through the end credits, there are many things to see and to hear!

Finally, the movie takes full advantage of older songs and music to set the mood aand plot and that adds to the satire. And some music is actually incorporated into the plot in a very skillful way. I caught it and my friends didn’t!!!!

We're talking away
    I don't know what
    I'm to say I'll say it anyway
    Today's another day to find you
    Shying away
    I'll be coming for your love, okay?

Take on me, (take on me)
    Take me on, (take on me)
    I'll be gone
    In a day or two

So needless to say
    I'm odds and ends
    I'll be stumbling away
    Slowly learning that life is OK
    Say after me
    It's no better to be safe than sorry

Take on me, (take on me)
    Take me on, (take on me)
    I'll be gone
    In a day or two

Oh the things that you say
    Is it live or
    Just to…
    Last edited by Lefisc; 05-18-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

The first one really grew on my...somehow I see myself going to see this over the weekend!
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Thanks Barry for the review. I loved the first one. Will catch this one for sure.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

I didn't like the first one much, and while this was a lot better, it still wasn't great. Josh Brolin was great as always, and Domino was a cool character.

I also agree with Barry about the 2-in-1 movie feel. One of those movies was about 3/4 of the film (the crazy comic action and antics of Deadpool) while the other was centered around human relationships. Incredibly sharp tonal shifts throughout, and oddly most of it worked. Even if I felt annoyed that such an adolescent movie was actually also touching, somehow.

For part 3 they need to reinvent though, and give us an actual plot. Plus, I'm already burned out on the character. More Domino and Cable please.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

I liked it and found it entertaining. A bit over-the-top, but that was expected.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Really can't wait to see this. Loved the first one, and I'm also a fan of Ryan's comedy stuff (yeah I know it's pretty bad/cheesy/childish/whatever but I like it). It's like Deadpool was created just for him or something. I mean if you told me Deadpool was real and it was Ryan, I would 100% not be surprised lol.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Marantz NR-1606 | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Chromecast