Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Sounds like a memory or CPU resource issue to me. You can check your available resources and how much memory all your apps are using at any given time.

What are your phone's specs?
    Platform OS Android 7.0 (Nougat)
    Chipset Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
    CPU Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo)
    GPU Adreno 530
    Memory Card slot microSD, up to 400 GB (dedicated slot)
    Internal 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
    Camera Primary Dual: 16 MP (f/1.8, 29mm, 1/2.6") + 8 MP (f/2.4, 12mm, 1/3.2"), laser autofocus, OIS, dual-LED flash, check quality
    Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
    Video 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps, 24-bit/192kHz stereo sound rec., check quality
    Secondary 5 MP, f/1.9
    Sound Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
    Loudspeaker Yes
    3.5mm jack Yes
    - 32-bit/192kHz audio
    - B&O Play certified
    - 24-bit/48kHz audio recording
    - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
    Comms WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
    Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE, aptX
    GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
    NFC Yes
    Infrared port Yes
    Radio FM radio
    USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
    Features Sensors Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, color spectrum
    Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
    Browser HTML5
    - Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
    - MP4/DviX/XviD/H.265/WMV player
    - MP3/WAV/FLAC/eAAC+/WMA player
    - Photo/video editor
    - Document editor
    Battery Removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

I suspect it's a RAM issue. Try closing all your apps and see if you still have an issue. Maybe restart the phone as well.

I tried that last night. There were a few system apps & 1 av app that wouldn't close. After closing all that I could (& I'm only intentionally running 3-6 apps other than what the phone runs), free ram was aprox 1.6 gb. The glitches went from around every minute to around every 4 minutes. I would think that 1.6 gb of free ram should be way more then enough for a music player (this occurs at the same frequency with cd quality files), but i don't know much about phones.

It seems odd that no one else has complained about it. This is apparantly a very popular phone. Unfortunately LG CS is in the Philippines & is all but worthless

I think based on what I saw last night that you're correct on it being a memory issue; I'm wondering if some of the ram is defective? Is that replaceable?

Thx for your help! I am a total novice when it comes to smart phones.
    Last edited by moomoomoomoo; 06-13-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

While it still happens occasionally, it appears that most of the problem was caused by a combination of a dieing headphone cable & Malwarebytes for Android.

Now I'm fighting with a seller on ebay to take back the B&W P5 series 1 headphones that were sold to me as series 2. The series 1's are not very good; in fact my Koss (which are falling apart from poor build quality) sound better. If I get the refund, I'll probably just buckle down & pay about $20 more to buy a used/refurb series 2 from Amazon. I plan to call B&W tomorrow with the serial # & hope to get something by email stating they are series 1. These days ebay seems to be siding with sellers rather than buyers. Other than printer ink (because they are so cheap) I'm pretty much done with buying on ebay.
    Last edited by moomoomoomoo; 06-17-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Electronics purchases are usually a gamble on Ebay. Sometimes you are a winner, sometimes not.

Ordered the series 2 from Amazon warehouse ($22 more but at least I'll get the correct item) after ebay assured me I will get a full refund (excellent CS from B&W). B&W checked the serial number & emailed me documentation. The ebay process is going to be slow, which I am not pleased with.

I'm supposed to have my P5 S2 phones tomorrow. Can't wait. Actually my Koss don't sound that bad, but the build quality is so poor that they're literally help together with packing tape & glue!

I bet it's the plastic pieces that broke, right? I hate anything made of plastic and it's great that B&W doesn't use it on the parts that get a lot of stress.

Actually, no. On the Koss, The glue basically disappeared from the fake leather earpieces that covered the foam rubber that seals the speakers, & the metal piece that connected the right ear piece to the frame split. & I was gentle with these & had less then 40 hours on them...... A tech friend said they used garbage glue.

At least unlike the Series 1, the B&W Series 2 sound better than the Koss. The biggest improvement over the series 1 was the bass, & I suspect they still need a few hours of burn in. It was worth the extra $20 to buy the series 2 (don't buy them on ebay, the only way to tell the difference is the series 1 have a siilver name plate & the series 2 have a black name plate, & most of the sellers aren't aware of that. Most of the the silver P5's on ebay are incorrectly labelled as series 2.

Though it's a bit hard to tell as my high end system doesn't have a headphone jack or amp & I have to play these through my phone, the LG does have a 24 bit quad Sabre dac, so despite not having the best analog electronics & a lower quality headphone amp; the phone is NOT chopped liver either.