New APO Reel to Reel Tape Series Is Unbelivably Expensive

For $500 (yes, you heard me right, $500.00!) You too can own a 15 ips 2 track Reel to reel tape of 1 of 8 albums. Yes, that $500 per album; newly manufactured. No box set or bonus trax.

The first 2 are Muddy Waters & Sonny Boy Williamson. The rest of this batch are going to be classical.

I. Don't. Think. So.

Until a couple months ago, you could have bought an Oppo 203 for that!
    Passive Preamp: Mod Squad Deluxe; Amp McCormack DNA-1 Mod 1; Hi Rez & blu-ray/DVD Front End: Oppo BDP-95 With Region Hack; CD front end: Esoteric P-10->Kimber/Illuminati Digital Cable-> PS Audio SL3; CD Recorder: Tascam 900SL; Cassette Deck: Nakamichi DR2; Speakers (2.0): NHT 2.5I; Analog Cable: Tara Analog Standard, Pandora & Omni Bi-Wired Speaker Cable; Various aftermarket power cords; Power Conditioner: Adcom, Televsion: Vizio E55-C1

That is a lot of money but 15 ips, two-track is also a lot of tape that isn't being made in the same quantity as it used to be. Also, they have to be recorded in real time.

That's actually 36,000 inches of tape, assuming 40 minutes of audio. I bet it takes two reels or more for those Classical titles. But no, I won't be buying either.