Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    Gosh, it looks great. I am looking for an affordable 4K projector. I have a JVC but they haven't come out with a real 4k yet.
    That LG Cinebeam looks interesting. Still haven't seen any reviews for it. (Hint, hint, Jerry.)

True 4K at $2500.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

Richard, you should buy one and give us a full review.

I like it!!! What kind of speakers are those?
    Infinity Composition Prelude P-FR L/R, Infinity Overture 1 center, Front hgts, and side surrounds, Infinity FPS-1000 Rear surround and rear hgt, Acoustic Elegance P1152 subs (x2) SVS 16-46 (x2), (x2) B&K Reference 200.7 power amp, Denon AVR X4300H, Yamaha MX-830, Behringer NU4-6000, 8 core HTPC W/Blu-ray W/Jriver nVidia 1060gtx 6gb,Hybrid tube DAC W/Burson Vivid, Silicondust HDHR3 Prime, TCL 4K 55 inch LCD, Vivitek HK2288 4K Projector

Quote Originally Posted by prerich View Post
    I like it!!! What kind of speakers are those?
    Klipsch Speakers:
    Front RF-7 II
    Center RC-64 II
    Surrounds RS-62 II
    Rears RB-81 II

It appears you have dropped the Klipsch speakers you had previously.
    Richard

Richard, do you have any first-hand experience with any of the older Klipsch "legacy" speakers? If so, what are your thoughts about them for a two-channel setup?

Forte vs La Scala vs Heresy...

Tracy,

Sorry, no experience with the much older Klipsch speakers.
    I remember you writing that Klipsch speakers were too bright for your music taste, but better suited for movies.
    Quite a while ago, I remember seeing a demo of a Klipsch speaker, the size of a dishwasher, being driven by a small handheld transistor radio.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by k0rww View Post
    Tracy,

Sorry, no experience with the much older Klipsch speakers.
    I remember you writing that Klipsch speakers were too bright for your music taste, but better suited for movies.
    Quite a while ago, I remember seeing a demo of a Klipsch speaker, the size of a dishwasher, being driven by a small handheld transistor radio.
    I don't remember making that exact statement, but I don't remember what I had for breakfast some days.

I do remember saying that horn drivers can have a distinctive sound and that it might not be for everyone. I ask since I recently heard a rather large pair of Altec studio monitor speakers that used horns for the tweeters and mids. I was very impressed with the sound and that has me wanting to hear more horn loaded designs.

I have a pair of Realistic Mach Ones at my parent's house that I need to dig out. They too have horn tweeters and mids and I remember my teen self loving those speakers but I suspect it had more to do with the 15-inch woofers.

As for your Klipsch dishwasher-sized speaker, I suppose it could have been a Klipschorn https://www.klipsch.com/products/kli...anding-speaker

or the Cornwalls, https://www.klipsch.com/products/cor...anding-speaker

or La Scalas, https://www.klipsch.com/products/la-...anding-speaker

[QUOTE=Tracy Rainwater;54006]I don't remember making that exact statement, but I don't remember what I had for breakfast some days.
    I was paraphrasing a comment by you cicra 2009, maybe earlier. On a good day, my memory is similar to your breakfast comment. I remember your comment since it came just after I had purchased the Klipsch package. I don't listen to music in the home theater so your comment was a non-player. Listening to music in my home theater, while sitting in a recliner, would put me to sleep.

I do remember saying that horn drivers can have a distinctive sound and that it might not be for everyone. I ask since I recently heard a rather large pair of Altec studio monitor speakers that used horns for the tweeters and mids. I was very impressed with the sound and that has me wanting to hear more horn loaded designs.

The Klipsch I was referring to was a Klipschhorn with a much larger base and not pretty. It had the largest horn I had ever seen, filling the front of the cabinet. The back of the horn was tiny.
    Richard

Most all of those horn drivers are crazy efficient. Give them the tiniest bit of clean power and they can make your ears bleed.