Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Steve Ditko

RIP Steve Ditko

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/steve-ditko-dead-spider-man-creator-was-90-1125489

"Artist Steve Ditko, who co-created Spider-Man and Doctor Strange with Stan Lee, has died. He was 90. The New York Police Department confirmed his death to The Hollywood Reporter. Ditko was found dead in his apartment on June 29; no cause of death has yet been announced."

Interesting that you never really hear much about him, as opposed to Stan Lee, who's a full-fledged star. I didn't realize how much he was responsible for. From the article:

"The look of Spider-Man — the costume, the web-shooters, the red and blue design — all came from Ditko. Spider-Man first appeared in Amazing Fantasy No. 15. The comic was an unexpected hit, and the character was spun off into The Amazing Spider-Man. Ditko helped create such classic Spider-Man characters as Doctor Octopus, Sandman, the Lizard and Green Goblin."

Barry, did you meet Steve?
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

I read this in the news yesterday. I seem to remember Barry mentioning his name, but other than that I didn't know about him and his contributions.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Steve was famously reclusive and I never met him. But my friend Nick and I have worked with him and his friend, a publisher, publicizing many of his new works. While he is famous for Spiderman in Doctor Strange he actually really did Iron Man and the incredible Hulk. He was the one who added the anger management Issues to the Hulk Making him an iconic figure. I did a blog on Ditko. Its at
    http://forbushman.blogspot.com/2012/...er-and-me.html

My friend Nick did one also and its at

https://nick-caputo.blogspot.com/201...dent-mind.html

Name:  53DE0307-9E9C-4559-85E5-E38DDA702B16.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  20.3 KB
    Last edited by Lefisc; 07-08-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Barry, Very good blog on Ditko.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Barry, when I tell people you've had Marvel come to your place to scan comics so rare even they don't otherwise have them, it blows their minds.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Eberhart View Post
    Barry, when I tell people you've had Marvel come to your place to scan comics so rare even they don't otherwise have them, it blows their minds.
    Barry's The Man. When it comes to anything related to this you can safely say, "I know a guy".

My BFF is buying all the DC and Marvel movies on Blu-ray, 4K where possible. He saw them on Netflix but is now collecting them on disc.

One of his coworkers is a huge comic fan and drew out a "map" of how the movies are related and a suggested order to watch them in. I'll have to remember to get him to send me a copy and Barry can confirm.

Brandon: Marvel was owned by several companies and they did not always store their materials well. For example, Marvel had a fan club in the 1960s and they did not keep their own membership materials. Or postcards to readers who sent in letters. Here from their own book, Marvel Masterworks Rarities, or some scans they printed that have my name on them!!!!
    Name:  Marvel Rarities my letters.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  95.1 KB
    Name:  Marvel Rarities my MMMS.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  101.0 KB
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Tracy, honest to gosh, my brother asked for that list just last week, so i did this for him. But I also mentioned that there are three movies not necessary to see because they are not that good.. (iron Man #2, 3 and Thor Dark Word) but I put them in the order anyway.

Tracy, here a list of Marvel movies in order. Well, I prefer the order in which they came out, NOT the order in which they used time. For example, the first Captain America takes place before everything but was not the first movie.
    I will also list the movies that can be missed.

Iron Man (2008)
    The Incredible Hulk (2008) (Sometimes not counted in the MU because they changed actors, this movie not only gives the origin of the Hulk, but, in its last scene, has the first crossover.
    Iron Man 2 (2010) Except for the introduction of the Black Widow, this is a bad movie that can be missed.
    Thor (2011)
    Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
    Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
    Iron Man 3 (2013) (A bad movie that can be missed.)
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) (A not so great movie and adds nothing to the M.U.)

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)(Really a continuation of the first and necessary before Avengers 3!)
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
    Avengers: Age of Ultron (2014)
    Ant-Man (2015)
    Doctor Strange (2016)
    Captain America: Civil War (2016) (This movie links to Ant-Man and the Wasp and to Avengers 3)
    Black Panther (2018)
    Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) (Actually another Iron Man movie too!)
    Thor: Ragnarok (2017) An Important link to Avengers 3. See this first.
    Avengers: Infinity War (2018) Links from Cap Civil War, Black Panther, and Thor Ragnorok. See those first.
    Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018): Links to Cap Civil War, Thor Ragnarok and Avengers 3. See those first.
    Captain Marvel (2019, forthcoming) with links to Ant-Man and Avengers 3.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Barry's The Man. When it comes to anything related to this you can safely say, "I know a guy".
    lol, seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    Tracy, honest to gosh, my brother asked for that list just last week, so i did this for him....
    Rumor has it Infinity War 2 will be at least partially set in the 80's, so that'll complicate things.

You're not wrong about Thor 2, it's terrible. Funny thing is, my favorite Marvel movie had always been the original, until now, where it's probably tied with Thor: Ragnorok.

My least favorite? Either Thor 2 or Iron Man 2. I don't care enough to go back and watch either again to try and decide. I like Thor as a character, but man the 2nd one was an example of how dumb and cheesy movies like this can be when handled poorly.

Glad they made him so prominent in Infinity War.