Logitech Harmony 950

Just picked up a Logitech Harmony 950 to replace my 6 or 7 year old Harmony Touch. It's the same remote that's used in the $350 Elite package, but I don't need the Hub thing so I really didn't want to get that. I almost did buy it last weekend cause it was on sale for under $300 and Best Buy was out of 950's which were at their normal $250 price. This week they're on sale for $180 and were back in stock, sort of. I got the last one on the rack at my local store.

My old Harmony Touch is basically the same layout/design as the Ultimate and Ultimate One packages. I got it as a good faith out of warranty replacement for my original Harmony One from 2009 that was a victim of Logitech's known and documented swollen battery issue. The batteries were replaceable rechargeable packs and they had a batch that was swelling in various models and couldn't be removed due to the swelling. I always hated having important play/pause/rewind/etc. controls above the screen though and the 950 places them back where the Harmony One had them and also has the motion activated backlighting which I've really missed.

Setup was pretty easy. The software copied all my devices/activities over well enough. I had to add all my custom button settings back to the physical and touch screen locations in all the activities though (like adding my receiver's audio modes to the touch screen). I was slightly annoyed that stuff wouldn't copy over since both remotes had similar buttons and a touch screen. Took me probably 20 minutes to add everything back in to 7 activities and verify against the old remote.
    Last edited by cpaluda; 07-15-2018 at 06:39 PM.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Marantz NR-1606 | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

They are very simple to program and change equipment when the upgrade bug bites.

I've had a Harmony One ever since it came out. I haven't had any battery issues and I'm still on the original one that came with the remote.

I do have a small dark spot on the display. It doesn't cover anything or prevent me from reading the virtual buttons but it is a bit annoying. I'm way out of warranty on it so I'll live with it until it dies which is hopefully no time soon.

Yeah I just got unlucky. They had a bad batch. Both my One, and a cheaper model my wife (girlfriend at the time) bought from Costco had the same thing happen. I bought a new one for hers from Batteries + Bulbs because the whole back popped off much like a typical remote, but I couldn't get the battery out of the One. I read a bunch of tricks like putting it in the freezer or just taking it apart etc. but in the end called Logitech and they sent the Touch as a free out of warranty replacement since the One was discontinued and they had no stock left on it.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Marantz NR-1606 | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K