Patrick Stewart Confirms Picard's Return to Star Trek

Star Trek fans, particularly fans of The Next Generation, have been excited about the recent rumors of the return of Captain Jean Luc Picard. After the last Next Generation film was shot back in 2002, many including Stewart thought the Captain's tale was told. However, the news is that we will definitely be seeing Picard once again.

The actor himself has now confirmed that he will reprise the role of Jean Luc Picard in an upcoming Star Trek franchise. The announcement was made August 4, on the actor's Twitter account and also during an event at the 2018 Official Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas.

The new series will appear on CBS All Access and will tell the story of the next chapter of Captain's life. As of this post, CBS has not announced a title or date for the new series, nor any other actors that will appear.

Alex Kurtzman, executive producer of Star Trek: Discovery, will be in charge of the new series.

I always said that I would not sign up for CBS All Access just to watch Star Trek Discovery. However, if this new show turns out not to be a flop, they might have just pried open my wallet.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with this. I've been binging the old Star Trek series' on Netflix since I missed good chunks of them during their original runs. Done with Voyager and 1/2 way through TNG with DS9 probably next. We did sign up for the CBS thing while Discovery was airing. That's the nice thing there, sign up/watch/shut off account until next season/etc. It was definitely a little rough but I think it worked out some of it's flaws and I can't wait to see where season 2 goes. Having a 2nd Trek series on the subscription though will definitely up the value potential a lot though.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

I like the return of Captain Jean Luc Picard. Will check it out.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

You know, they could bringnback Data II, after. All he does not age.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    You know, they could bringnback Data II, after. All he does not age.
    Well, Data underwent an artificial aging process so that his former shipmates are more comfortable with this physical appearance.

Not Data 2 from Nemesis
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc