Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Actually I do need some suggestions. So besides the receiver upgrade, which I would need to take advantage of what I now need suggestions for, I was talking about how to wire my surrounds with my wife on Friday before I actually installed everything. Previously I had the wires running out the left side of the nook/cubby hole and down the left wall right in front of the sliding door. This time I ran it out the right side and taped it down under the large rug and moved a smaller rug over the front where the sub is (we need to get a longer rug to make it look nicer now).

One of our neighbors with the same floorplan is running some wireless speakers in the rear (pretty sure it's nothing high end, but I don't know what they have). I mentioned to her we could do the same by getting something like the wireless transceivers that SVS has (they're full range not just sub frequencies to my understanding). However I'd need a 2 channel amp then back there by the couch somewhere and I have no idea what to get or where to put it or if it's even worth it.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Marantz NR-1606 | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Chromecast

Listened to the opera scene from 5th Element from the remastered blu-ray (2007 era) that includes the LPCM track and apparently fixed video over the original blu-ray release. Wow!!! It was amazing even without "fake Atmos" processing since the receiver wouldn't apply it to an LPCM track. The mixing on that track it was still very enveloping and you'd almost swear things were coming out of the height speakers. Towards the end of that scene when Zorg asks for docking permission on the flying hotel a confirmation comes out of the right rear loud and clear. Instantly made me glad I went with matched surrounds since some people on other forums were trying to steer me towards smaller stuff for the rear. I think I'm going to have to upgrade to the 4K special edition that just came out last year though. It adds a 7.1 Atmos track.
    Last edited by cpaluda; 09-06-2018 at 01:21 AM.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Marantz NR-1606 | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Chromecast