Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

I like it but I don't think I'd want to use it for anything bigger than small satellites or bookshelves. Stuff that's pretty efficient like my Chane stuff. I wouldn't try to do towers I think unless it's a 2ch system. It's only rated for 50W 2ch drive. The Denon kind of sits in between the SR6013 and 7013. It had some of the 7 series features like it's power rating and I've heard shares some of the internals. Only marginally more money than the 6013 but doesn't have their hdam circuitry or multichannel in for sacd etc. Also supports Auro3d though I have no idea what use that is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

Denon and Marantz are owned by the same company now, so the differences between them are trivial.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    Denon and Marantz are owned by the same company now, so the differences between them are trivial.
    Yeah that's why it seemed like it and the SR6013 was nearly the same thing just in a different looking box. Both had the same basic features I was after which was the important part.

Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

In prep for the new receiver I learned a new trick tonight and got rid of a cable in the process. Figured out how to set up ARC for the apps on my TV. Not that it's really any use now that I have a disc spinner with apps on it and an Apple TV as well, but I got rid of my optical cable from the TV to my Marantz finally. I knew it existed but always saw problems with it on various forums so I just never bothered. I started looking because the new receiver actually has 3 outputs. One for zone two, and two (I assume) for zone 1 of which one is for ARC capable TV's the other is not. Not really sure what that's about exactly other than if you wanted to play one thing on two TV's at once in different rooms. I believe the zone 2 output on the Denon can actually play a separate input from the other outputs, but I didn't really look that close since I'll never use that capability in the near future.

People either don't know about ARC, love it because it works for them, or absolutely hate it for being a buggy mess. I'm happy to hear that you are part of the latter group.

I don't have a need for it in my system but like the concept.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    People either don't know about ARC, love it because it works for them, or absolutely hate it for being a buggy mess. I'm happy to hear that you are part of the latter group.

I don't have a need for it in my system but like the concept.
    I'm thinking the buggy part might be trying to let it do the control stuff? I shut all that off since I use a Harmony remote the activities already take care of when to power things on and off. I got kind of interested in it since my new receiver will support eARC which actually allows TrueHD etc. over ARC. Something the current implementation or optical of course does not support. I won't be able to actually make use of it until I have a new TV that also supports it but it's there and will save me a cable in the rats nest.

Also, I don't technically have a need for it either right now since my other devices have superseded the outdated apps on my TV and I had even removed the activity from my Harmony that used the built in apps on it. Basically I just accomplished cleaning up an unneeded cable in advance of getting the new receiver.

New receiver is ready for pickup a day early. Not sure if I'll try to put it in tonight or not.

Got it home, decided yeah not setting up tonight. I'm probably going to do it on Saturday. My speaker upgrade install a couple months ago with the new TV stand etc. took so much longer than expected that I was a little rushed in wiring things up. I did layer stuff the way I wanted, speaker wires, then connecting wires (HDMI etc), and then all my network stuff that's there, but I didn't get to route/tie it all up nicely so I'm going to work on that when I swap it out. Also swapping out my surge protector with a new one. Moving from a 10 to 12 slot with better layout (though I don't use them all). One of these days I'll have a power conditioner but not right now. I couldn't do that tonight either because a bunch of DVR stuff was recording. Saturday is the first free day for not interfering with the DVR.

Installed the Denon tonight. It's definitely brighter than my old marantz but that could be three years of changes or even audyssey xt32 vs the simpler 6 position version. Or it has the power the more effectively drive everything vs the Slimline marantz. It's not a lot brighter just a bit.

Also I went to a concert last night so maybe I'm a bit sensitive to sound today lol. I did put ear plugs in after about 40 minutes when it kept getting louder but yeah.