Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Well, I finally got the soundpath feet installed. Hard to say if there was any immediate difference. Could be placebo effect of tighter bass. I will say the explosion scene near the end of Ready Player One the bass definitely seems more detailed and less boomy than it has since putting the sub into the TV stand.

Also, re-ran audyssey after using the MultEQ app this time instead of direct in the receiver. I like the results. Seems to be a lot more detailed of a correction when I look at the "EQ graphs" in the receiver after. Also the app lets you shut off the midrange compensation dip that Audyssey adds to its reference curve. This improved dialogue clarity a lot for me. Finally lets the Chane do their thing while I still get the benefits of correcting my acoustically horrible living room.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K

Sounds like an improvement on some level. If it's the Soundpath feet, EQ, or both who knows. Improvement is an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Sounds like an improvement on some level. If it's the Soundpath feet, EQ, or both who knows. Improvement is an improvement.
    Going to be doing some more playing with the Audyssey app. Apparently it's pretty popular to use it with a cutoff around something called a Shroeder frequency. 500Hz is apparently common, I've seen recommendations to try 300, 500, 1K, 5K and see what sounds best. It's pretty easy to do because you measure once then you can copy and save the curves with different parameters. So I can take the cal that I already did, copy it, change the range, and send it out to the receiver in minutes. I know mostly I need bass corrections due to my forced placement of my speakers in the room I have. So I'm curious to see how it sounds with just correcting the lower end and letting the speakers do their natural sound for the rest.

I'm also going to look into setting up a program called REW and getting a mic for it so I can do some testing and see what kinds of room treatments I need and can get away with as far as WAF goes. I think that will help the reflections/etc. that affect the higher end of the range better than trying to fix it with Audyssey.

The bonus if it sounds good with the limited range is I still get the other benefits of the cal such as distance/delay calculations etc. When I was playing with settings for two channel mode in Direct so I was only using the mains and no sub it actually sounded good overall just too bassy/boomy on the bottom because of room gain due to the speaker placement I'm stuck with in this room/house. Anyway, I'll report back on what happens. If anyone has any recommendations for movies with good dialogue/etc for testing that would be great. It will probably need to by sci-fi, fantasy, or action for me to have a good chance of having it otherwise I'll have to hope it can be streamed and the stream is good enough quality on the audio.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Denon AVR-X4500H | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Apple TV 4K