Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

They do a pretty good cover.

I listen to the Liquid Metal channel on rare cases sometimes on Sirius XM and they have their "corridor of covers" which I like. Many of those covers are less melodic, more screaming etc...

This one is pretty good.

I know "Guitar George" and I will send him the link. He might be entertained.

Owner-Publisher Jerry Del Colliano's Avatar

I've got one that I like better.

How about "Cinnamon Girl" re-done by Type-O Negative...? Heavy dude.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    LOL I love Leo's channel. I'm mostly impressed that he's playing all the instruments AND singing, and in some videos gets his young daughter involved. Most of the "metal covers" end up being a guy remaking something on just guitar or maybe guitar over a drum track. Leo is like a one man band with a pro recording studio. Some of his stuff is eh for sure, but some of it turns out really good.
    Panasonic 60" VT60 | Marantz NR-1606 | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Chromecast

Quote Originally Posted by cpaluda View Post
    LOL I love Leo's channel. I'm mostly impressed that he's playing all the instruments AND singing, and in some videos gets his young daughter involved. Most of the "metal covers" end up being a guy remaking something on just guitar or maybe guitar over a drum track. Leo is like a one man band with a pro recording studio. Some of his stuff is eh for sure, but some of it turns out really good.
    I agree, his covers are hit or miss but also that he's pretty talented. As you mentioned, playing all the instruments, singing, editing, effects, making the video is pretty awesome, and add to that all the arranging that he's doing. He goes a bit over the top, for me, but I am liking a good many of his covers.

Brandon, you may not like it (and that's OK if you don't), but check out his tribute to Chris Cornell that was posted just a few days after his death. I think it's pretty well-done.

This is probably one of my favorite covers he's done. No idea why, I've never listened to the original artist/etc

Panasonic 60" VT60 | Marantz NR-1606 | Sony UBP-X800 | Chane A2.4 L/C/R | Chane A1.4 SR | SVS Elevation Atmos/height | SVS PB-2000 | Logitech Harmony 950 | Comcast "X1 platform" Arris DVR | Chromecast

Now if you want the big name in "meets metal" on YouTube you have to check out 331Erock. I mean this guy doesn't just cover songs he does crazy stuff like turn a 90 second opening credits into a 3 1/2 minute song that works

Then there's this gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Rainwater View Post
    Brandon, you may not like it (and that's OK if you don't), but check out his tribute to Chris Cornell that was posted just a few days after his death. I think it's pretty well-done.
    Yeah, the guy's vibe just rubs me the wrong way. I'm good on his vids, but thanks for making one more attempt
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Del Colliano View Post
    I've got one that I like better.

How about "Cinnamon Girl" re-done by Type-O Negative...? Heavy dude.
    Jerry delivers.

Yup, that's the one I had in my mind but couldn't remember, as in the best example of this type of thing *but* with the caveat that it's a fairly heavy-ish song to start with. But Type 0 takes it to subterranean levels.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.