The Big Bang Theory: Season Eleven (Blu-ray) review

Name:  BB11.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  28.4 KB

Plot
    Leonard and Sheldon are brilliant physicist—geniuses in the laboratory but socially challenged everywhere else. Insert beautiful street-smart Penny, who endeavors to teach them a thing or two about the “real” world. Despite their on-again, off-again relationship history, Leonard and Penny have tied the know. Even Sheldon has entered into a “Relationship Agreement” with neurobiologist Amy Farah Fowler, and he recently took their relationship to the next level by proposing marriage. Will the possibility of domestic bliss alter the chemistry between these two extreme achievers? Will Leonard prove to be a brilliant writer? Will Raj’s search for new love rival his search for new starts in the cosmos? Will Howard and Bernadette’s growing family reach critical mass?

My Thoughts
    After 11 seasons, one would think that the show is getting stale and honestly, it does feel that way at times the past two seasons. Out of the 24 episodes this year, half are extremely good, a handful are amusing, and a couple probably should have been shelved. That being said, the interaction between the characters is great and their comedic timing is outstanding. One thing that I found fun this year is how they’ve incorporated Young Sheldon and The Big Bang Theory together with tidbits from one show’s episode tying to the other. For example, the Relationship Agreement and the revel that Sheldon has kids someday, presumably with Amy! Just like last season, some episodes are rather short clicking it at just over 18 minutes. One thing that I hope we see in the 12th and final season is more of Stewart, who is a scene stealer in any episode that he’s in. In fact, I hope he gets his own spin-off show next year because he’s a lovable loser that could bring a lot of laughs.

Video 4.5/5 (AVC)

Audio 4.5/5 (DTS-MA 5.1)

Special Features:

• 4 All-New Featurettes
      • The Big Bang Theory: 2017 Comic-Con Panel
      • A BBT History of Time
      • The Big Bang Theory: The Blueprint of Comedy
      • The Maturation Imperative

• Gag Reel
    • UV Digital Copy of the entire season

Conclusion
    This show will go down as one of the best comedies in TV history and while it was at its funniest in the first five seasons, it still has the ability to tickle your funny bone and make you laugh. Like Friends, the gang has become a part of the family and being able to revisit the show anytime I want on Blu-ray is a nice benefit. Recommended for fans.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Once again I agree with you David. I think just like friends and went through its best storylines and it’s for us five or so years. Rather than just being funny though I think people just want to be with these characters. They enjoy their company because they’re so well defined. But frankly two or three years ago I stop laughing. And I am enjoying young Sheldon more than this show. I should add that it’s at its best when the two mothers, Christine Baranski and Lori Medcalf are on..
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Revel W990/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS 3000; Screen: Stewart Studio Tek 100; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Totally agree Barry. Those two ladies are outstanding!
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine