Thread: Cavill is Kaput

Cavill is Kaput

DC, With no new plans for a Superman movie, as canned Cavill. They have apparently also dropped his cameo in the upcoming Captain Marvel movie.

Some of it was the writing, but he was totally not impressive or memorable In the three movies that he appeared. In fact I like the superman that is on the TV series of Supergirl better than him.

Brandon Wrote that he would like to see the return of Michael Keaton As the Batman. Well that is unlikely I don’t think we will see Ben Afflack back as that character.

What this means is that Time Warner has realize that they have made a mistake in the production of their movies based on Comics. With the exception of wonder woman they have not gotten the critical acclaim and frankly the money they wanted from these pictures. I suspect that given the success of wonder woman we are going to see DC movies now not linked to any major continuity like Marvel, but stand alones. It is amazing to me to think how badly the justice league movie did compared to the avengers.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Their stories aren't as compelling to watch outside of Wonder Woman. I also think the populace is on comic book fatigue and Marvel has sucked all the air out of that space.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Wonder Woman and the Bale Batman movies are the only DC ones that are remotely interesting to me so far. I never really bought Cavill as Superman and although Aflec was better than I was expecting, he was not Bale.

To me Bale is Batman. Please pay the man whatever he wants, provide him with a good script, and call it a day.

As for who should play Superman.......that's a tough one.

Bale Was done with Batman and walked away from it. His was the end of a different era. He had to carry fully the three movies he was in. That was not true of the next three Appearances of Batman. Marvel came up with the idea of the guest appearances and we are the star, such as Robert Downey Junior, didn’t have to carry the whole movie. Bail later said if he knew that was the case he would not have left.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Here's the winning formula for Batman:

1. Hire a top-notch writer
    2. Bring Bale back
    3. Turn it all over to J.J. Abrams

What do you think?

As for Superman, maybe Cavill needed #1 and #3.

I am not a fan of your number three. JJ has not had an original thought in his head in years. I mean his Star Trek two was a complete redo of the original Star Trek two.

He seems to like to take established properties and pretend to bring them to new places. He often starts off well but ends poorly.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
    I am not a fan of your number three. JJ has not had an original thought in his head in years. I mean his Star Trek two was a complete redo of the original Star Trek two.

He seems to like to take established properties and pretend to bring them to new places. He often starts off well but ends poorly.
    I'm not as much of a stickler for original storylines if I find the movie entertaining. I find Abrams work with Star Wars and Star Trek very entertaining but I do see your point of view.

Of course an entertaining movie will entertain everyone. But I get bored of seeing the same thing over again. They may do it well and the special effects are always better but I have seen it before. To me an entertaining movie has to be original.
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp