Tag (Blu-ray) review

Name:  tag.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  31.5 KB

Plot
    For one month every year, five highly competitive friends hit the ground running in a no-holds-barred game of tag they’ve been playing since the first grade—risking their necks, their jobs and their relationships to take each other down with the battle cry: “You’re It!” This year, the game coincides with the wedding of their only undefeated player, which should finally make him an easy target. But he knows they’re coming…and he’s ready. Based on a true story, this outrageous comedy shows how far some guys will go to be the last man standing.

My Thoughts
    This is seriously based on a true story about a group of friends running a game of tag for most of their lives. What’s sad is this really happened, which is a pretty depressing commentary on what our society has come to. How any of these guys ended up successful in life—not all of them are—is amazing.

As a movie, it’s borderline mediocre in the wrong direction. I found the writing to be somewhat lazy, especially with the crude dialog (the Portland therapist scene, for example) and didn’t find myself laughing that often. Granted, this isn’t the type of humor that generally tickles my funny bone so you may find it more amusing than I did.

Video 4.5/5 (AVC)

Audio 4.5/5 (DTS-MA 5.1)

Special Features:

• Meet the Real Tag Brothers
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Gag Reel
    • DVD + Blu-ray + UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
    While this wasn’t my particular cup of tea, you may like it better than I did so it may be worth a rental. My wife and son both left the room after about 20 minutes and while I didn’t reach that point myself, I was very close to hitting the off button on many occasions.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Thanks for the review. Will skip it.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vaughn View Post
    This is seriously based on a true story about a group of friends running a game of tag for most of their lives. What’s sad is this really happened, which is a pretty depressing commentary on what our society has come to. How any of these guys ended up successful in life—not all of them are—is amazing.
    Really? I was thinking you'd love this one. Why do you say it's 'sad'? I didn't love the movie (was better than I expected though) but I liked the underlying themes and especially the way they explained why they kept playing tag. (Something about never getting old and staying close with your friends.) I found that whole aspect pretty uplifting and unexpected, certainly not depressing.

The one character was a stoner manchild, and he was kind of a loser, so I could see how you could have viewed him playing Tag for years reflected stunted social/emotional growth, but the other guys had it together.

I would be surprised if any of these guys aren't successful, to be honest.

-

That said, it's not a great movie, but there are some clever scenes and I had a few good laughs. Much better than I expected.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.