Christine (UHD Blu-ray) review

Name:  christine.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  25.2 KB

Plot
    John Carpenter brings Stephen King’s best-selling novel to life in this chilling thriller. She was born in Detroit ... on an automobile assembly line. But she is no ordinary automobile. Deep within her chassis lives an unholy presence. She is CHRISTINE – a red and white 1958 Plymouth Fury whose unique standard equipment includes an evil, indestructible vengeance that will destroy anyone in her way. She seduces 17-year-old Arnie Cunningham (Keith Gordon), who becomes consumed with passion for her sleek, rounded chrome-laden body. She demands his complete and unquestioned devotion and when outsiders seek to interfere, they become the victims of Christine’s horrifying wrath.

My Thoughts
    I’ve never been a fan of these types of movies or books, but I have read of number of Stephen King books throughout the years and generally find the well written. In the case of Christine, the story deals with a possessed car who’s on the warpath. I found the film to be somewhat cheesy, which is to be expected from the time the film was made, but the narrative was more along the lines of a thriller than a horror film.

Video 9/10 (MVC)

Audio 8.5/10 (Dolby Atmos)

Special Features:

• 20 Deleted Scenes
    • Audio Commentary
    • Christine: Ignition featurette
    • Christine: Fast and Furious
    • Christine: Finish Line
    • Blu-ray +UV Digital Copy

Conclusion
    The book the film is based on is considered one of King’s classic novels and Carpenter is known as one of the best filmmakers in this genre. When you couple these together it’s easy to call this film an entertaining adaptation for the genre. The presentation is fantastic given the film’s age, but it’s not a film I can see myself watching for another 30 years or so.
    David Vaughn
    Technical Writer/Blu-ray Reviewer
    Sound and Vision Magazine

Thanks for the review. I enjoyed the movie back in the day but I have no desire to see it again. lol.
    Main:
    Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Subs. Pictures here.

Everyone knows in the second life,
    We all come back sooner or later
    As anything from a pussy cat
    To a man eating alligator.
    Now you all me think my story is more affection than its fact
    But believe it or not my mother dear decided she come back
    As a car. She’s my very own guiding star
    A 1928 PorterThat’s my mother dear.
    She helped me through everything I do
    and I’m so glad she’s here.
    My mother the car
    My mother the car
    Barry
    Surround Pre-Amp
    : Krell 707 3D; Amp: (center) Krell 400e; Amp Fronts Krell 600e; SACD: Krell Cipher; FM: Day Sequerra FM Reference; Blu-Ray: Oppo BDP 205; Speakers: Revel Ultima Salon 2; Center: Revel Voice 2; Rear/Back: Thiel Powerplanes/Krell S1500 amp; Subs: 2 SVS SB-13 Ultra; Turntable: VPI 19 Mk 4 w/Tonearm SME 309 & Audioquest 401i; HDTV: Verizon; Projector: JVC DLA-RS66U; Screen: Vue Tech 108; Internet Radio: Sonos; Remote: MX850; Pioneer Elite LDS-2 Laser Disc

Always liked this film. Can't go wrong with John Carpenter (a few misfires excluded).

The car 'kill' scenes were pretty cool- the flaming car, smashing itself into an alley, then reforming back at the garage.

That said, I think I've seen it twice, maybe three times. Not one to revisit often, but it's a good flick for what it is.
    Follow me on twitter and get free tales of horror, comedy and everything in between.